Improving Clothing for Colostomy Bags: Questionnaire Assistance Needed

Replies
Views
gazza57
Dear friend,
My name is Lindy Hughes. I am a retired tailoress currently living in Mid Wales, UK. I had a colostomy five years ago and now lead a full and active life.

Ever since my operation, I have found that I have a problem with my colostomy bag. I have found that trousers did not fit correctly, they were uncomfortable, or that they restricted my movement. Using my experience as a tailoress, I believe that I have a solution to this problem. I now would like to develop and share this solution, and the first step is to ask a few questions from people who may have found similar problems.
In order to do so, I have put together a few questions in the form of a questionnaire.
I would be ever so grateful if you would be able to find the time to consider this questionnaire and return it to me. In doing so, your answers will help us all find improved and better standards of living.

If you are willing to assist, I would be very happy to send you a questionnaire for you to consider.
Should you have any questions or further suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Lindy Hughes
Gazza57's wife!
TexasGirl

Hi Lindy. I have problems finding slacks that I feel comfortable in. They need to be roomy in the area of the bag for expansion reasons but I like them to fit otherwise. I think you're on to something good here and I would be glad to answer your questionnaire.
Best wishes, Debi

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

cancerfree

I know I'm one of few but it sure would be great if they brought back high-waisted pleated slacks (lined).

They gave you a nice-looking butt, the high waist elongated your midsection, and the pleats would give room for our bags. Honestly, this junk they sell today looks really good on about 2% of the females wearing it and no one over 30, and it looks cheap and makes women look cheap!!

lottagelady

Hi Lindy, also happy to help by filling in the questionnaire!
Kind regards
Rachel

Belinda

More than willing to help with the questionnaire. I'm in Scarborough, England.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member
Hi, I would like to help with the questionnaire also. It sounds like an excellent idea.
Belinda

How do we do it, Lindy?

jeffhucko

I also would be happy to help with the questionnaire. I am in Minnesota, USA.

gazza57
I'm ever so grateful for your replies. I shall contact each of you and forward the questionnaire.

Thanks again.

Lindy.
gazza57

Hi Rachell, can I email you with the questionnaire - or - [how do I mail you through this site?
Speak to you soon.
Lindyquote="lottagelady"]Hi Lindy, also happy to help by filling in the questionnaire!
Kind regards.
Rachel[/quote]

gazza57

Hi Belinda, not sure how to send this questionnaire on this site or if you don't mind if I could have your email, I could send you the questionnaire. I wore a pair of trousers I had altered this afternoon for a game of golf. It was great and didn't have to worry about my colostomy bag. I could bend down without the waistband cutting my bag in half.
Hope to speak to you soon.
Kind regards.
Lindy.

akinsv16
Hi, I would love to complete your questionnaire.
gazza57

Hi to all of those who have replied. Sending this questionnaire is not as easy on this forum as I thought. Is the only way to ask your email addresses to pay for full membership? Any suggestions?

Past Member
Hey Lindsay. I would love to fill out your questionnaire also. Can you send it to me somehow?
gazza57

Hi all. I can't seem to contact any of you individually to send the questionnaire. I think that I will post my email and invite you to send me a message so that I can forward the questionnaire.

Many thanks for your interest.

Lindy

lacemaker

I would also be interested in filling this out.