Seeking Advice on Hot Tubs

Replies
Views
pdtsomerset

Greetings:

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience as far as hot tubs go. Good? Bad? What should I do? Any thoughts and advice would be great. Thanks.

Bill

Hello pdtsomerset.  I don't know much about 'hot-tubs' but I do like to soak in a hot bath every morning and I really enjoy the experience. I have had very few 'incidents' or accidents in the bath over the years so I carry on enjoying my routine.  Fortunately, I also have a shower in the bath so that if perchance anything should happen I can switch from a relaxing soak to a stand-up shower in seconds.  My philosophy includes not letting the odd chance element stop me doing the things that I like or want to do.  As with everything else in life there is always the chance that occasionally some things will go wrong but that wouldn't stop me from doing them. Everyone is different and for some the prospect of things going wrong might be enough to put them off. I feel that these types of people must be missing out on some of lifes' greatest pleasures.

Best wishes  Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Maldives501

Hi, my name is Hilly and I have had an ostomy for 21 years. And yes, yes, yes to a hot tub! It is absolutely relaxing in so many ways. I totally recommend it. My husband bought me one for my 50th birthday, and they are also very soothing for aches and pains. Good luck, Hilly.

funnygurl

I love hot tubs and hot springs. Never had a leak or an issue. If anything, the heat causes the flange to stick better.

magpie

Definitely go for it. I've never had a problem with hot tubs. I use the one at the gym and sit for 20 minutes at a time and no issues at all.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
mario10zeus

Go ahead, if you're worried, use stomahesive. I use it, and my bag has never leaked nor come off.

pdtsomerset

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm more confident in trying the hot tub at a friend's house. You folks are the best!!!!!! Thanks again

ron in mich

Hi all, what do I do when hot tubbing or swimming? I tape all around the outside of my wafer with the pink waterproof tape and empty the pouch, and then enjoy.