Seeking Advice on Reversal Procedure - Any Tips?

Replies
Views
Lager 68

Hello! The time is finally here and I will be heading for my reversal on New Year's Eve after almost a year. I was not supposed to end up with an ostomy, but there were complications after the initial surgery. I had a full removal of my colon from cancer, so you know "things" move quickly through my body. I'm pretty nervous about what my new "normal" day will be like. Don't think I can take any more pills to slow things down, so I may just never eat away from home again. I don't know. I was hoping someone else has had this same procedure and can give me some experiences, do's / don'ts, etc. Thanks! I'll be celebrating New Year with a morphine drip, I guess!

Mrs.A

Hi Lager,

Sorry, I don't have any tips or tricks as I have a permanent ostomy. I do, however, wish you the best for a full and complete recovery.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Lager. Like Mrs A. I have a permanent ostomy But also wish you well with the operation and hope you have a full recovery. I suspect that many people who have a reversal no longer have a need for this site so you may not get as many replies to your post as you deserve. From the posts I've read over the years there seems to be a good chance that the reversal will work well and that you should not need to worry too much about what the new 'normal' will be like. Everyone is different so by the time you've been through the procedure and experienced the after effects it will be you that will be the 'expert'. Perhaps you will post again to let us know how you get on.  Best wishes Bill

Lager 68

Thank you both for the well wishes. Good luck to you both and have a great New Year!

Past Member

Hello Lager,

My reversal is scheduled for Jan 11th. I hope yours goes well, and if you feel well enough - post how it goes.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Lager 68

Victoria F, sorry for the late reply... Had the reversal on Dec 31st, everything has gone far better than expected since. Managing things well with the Loperamide and diet and back to work. Still a bit sore around the midsection, but getting better every day. Start physical therapy to get the muscles back to normal.. So, how did yours go? Well, I hope.. Let me know, Thanks and Good Luck!