What's your stoma's name? Share your creative names!

Replies
Views
Sunny1978

It is my understanding that quite a few people have given their stoma a name.

I have been thinking of that off and on since the time of my colostomy (Jan. 2015). I finally settled on one:

Krakatoa, like the volcano. It either spews output like crazy or is dormant for a long time, like up to 4-5 days at a time (even with many laxatives, etc).

How about you?

Bill

Hello Sunny, I haven't named my own stoma but I love the names other people have come up with. Krakatoa seems to sum it up quite well.

I did think that 'Alex' would be a good description depicting the colour and shape - after the rose Alex Red. 

This would have allowed me to, tongue in cheek, quote the bard. 'A rose by any other name would smell as sweet'.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

harleyrider

I named my "Mickyfor; Micky Mouse;. Not because I think it's cute but rather at this day and age, there should be a better way..not that I have any idea as to what that might be..LOL

Cornet

From the start, I've had three names, only the Christian and surname having much use. When this blob appeared in my middle, I felt it justified the middle name, and I've called it Arthur ever since.

iMacG5

Hi folks.  It seems most ostomates name their stomas and they say it helps them.  I'll probably name mine someday but for now I'll just continue referring to it as "my F'n stoma".  I don't mean any disrespect.  Heck, it's been wonderful!  It saved my life.  I can do most of the stuff I did before I got sick thanks to chemo, radiation, surgery, more chemo and my F'n stoma. I guess, if I did name it, I might have to use something like Sir or Saint in front of the name.  Last thing I want is to make it angry so when I do reference it I whisper.  I'll let you know if I come up with something.

Respectfully,

Mike

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
annie_nu2

I call mine Rosebud. Then, when a loud gurgling (usually in a very quiet place) erupts, I put my hand over it and say "Rosebud thinks she is an outboard motor today" and laugh it off. Probably should have called it Evinrude or Everrude. LOL!

Pat

Snookis Mum

When I was in the hospital, and was told that I should name my stoma, I happened to be channel-surfing, and came upon a woman who was so full of shit that I named my stoma Snooki.

Past Member

I have a few for mine!!

Shit

Sex stopper

Turn off

Amongst a few!!!

Mars1954

I named mine "Stanley---the stoma." Stanley is a well-behaved boy most of the time. I talk to him like he's my little boy.

Mars1954

I named mine "Stanley---the stoma." Stanley is a well-behaved boy most of the time. I talk to him like he's my little boy.

rvhumbug

Sunny1978,

While I have not named my stoma (it's an old man now), I think you have hit on the perfect name!

BruceFan

Mine is "Scarlet". Cause frankly, my dear, she doesn't give a damn! ;And of course, she's scarlet red!

Sunny1978

Love the "outboard motor" idea. It's perfect for describing those noisy ostomy times. And of course, it always happens during the quietest of times. I was in a meditation group a few weeks ago and could feel it coming...never pressed on my stoma that intensely before!! LOL!

Sunny1978

These names are awesome!! Love it. Very creative!

JudiA

Mine has been and will always be "The Spout"

janada

I have named mine Betty...Betty Boop (Poo-poo pee-doop)! It's so much easier to say to my husband something like...let me check on "Betty" before we go...it makes him smile cause it's silly...

Lost_Treasure

Just about to celebrate its 13th birthday is "Run Weasley" who was named after my favourite redhead in the Harry Potter books!

snowflake1515

I call mine Rosie only because she looks like a rosebud, but she seems to have an opinion on a lot of things, especially at the family Sunday dinner table. Good job the family find it funny and say Rosie wants her say as well.

Pooter

I named my stoma Pooter, because he poots.

ivastoma

Mine is Stephanie Stoma. It's funny... I knew no Stephanies in real life before I got "her", then shortly after, I got a new nurse at my Remicade center named Stephanie. Then I got a new coworker - yes, same name, then just lately I got acquainted with a neighbor named - yes - Stephanie! Looks like it was meant to be!

vulcanBMk2

I never did name my stoma as I am Uro not Colo. However, along with day pouch, night bag with its associated piping, it all comes under the heading of my "In-Flight Refueling System." Makes the whole thing so much more fun, if you can call it that!!

harleyrider

- If I was still actively flying, I might call it "Range Extender" LOL

vulcanBMk2

Cheers Harleyrider!!! In fact, if you connect up your night bag, down pants leg, under car seat, car fuel tank willing, you could probably cover many miles without needing to stop for a drainage/comfort break.

As long as you don't try getting out of the car with all the bags/pipes connected...that could prove a little tricky??

Take care.....Pete....

harleyrider

VulcanBM2

Hi

I'm just imagining what the pre and post flight/drive checklists would look like ....LMAO

Patrick

Past Member

It's called Clive

paulaAZ

My stoma's name is Sheldon the Super Stoma -- named after the character of Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory. I think he finds it humorous to make noise occasionally and I consider that a Bazinga :)

Paula

janada

Everrude is funny

Freebyrd

I cannot post the name that I have for my stoma because it is kind of crude, but we are buds, and he does have a mind of his own.

becrhomat

I have had a colostomy since May of this year. When I told my kids, I said they could pick a name (as a way to help them cope with it all and make it a 'lighter' subject for them). They chose Bombarda.....a spell from Harry Potter to make something explode LOL

CascadianAaron

I'm not into naming things... I never had a name for my anus so I kind of feel the same about my stoma.

YMMV