Looking for someone with a similar experience with colitis and ileostomy

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Past Member

Hello Mr. Hamster, my story is much the same, extremely fit at 200, 135 after surgery, happened fast, surgery or death. I tell people to take nothing for granted, because it can all change in a second. In ICU being pumped full of antibiotics, fluids, and hemoglobin.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Kiwi Al

Hi, I can relate. I had UC for more than 10 years. I tried every drug that was available in New Zealand. I was on a drug trial for a drug called Etrilizumab that changed my life for just over a year. Then the trial was abandoned because results weren't consistent enough for the drug to be licensed. Over the next 12 months, my life went to hell. I was going to the bathroom up to 30 times per day, had accidents because I was stuck in traffic and couldn't get to a bathroom. In the end, I had surgery and am 3 months post Ileostomy. I can tell you this is the best I have felt for 10 years. I am 64 years old, work out 4 to 5 times per week, swim, snorkel, go hunting, and ride my motorcycle, all things I haven't been able to do for a few years.
Embrace the change, accept what you have, and live your best life.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate