Back Pain After Colon Surgery

Replies
Views
myhorsemax

Hi all - I had a colostomy about 7 months ago. Since that time, I have occasionally had real bad back pain. Usually, I have some mucus output about three days a week but haven't for a while. I think I read somewhere that this can cause back pain. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Thanks so much for your help.

Mrs.A

Hi Max,

I can remember having bad back pain, but I never had any mucus output as my rectum was stitched shut. I did get a wrap that would send small impulses to the area of pain, but I don't believe it really did much to help. I believe walking and light exercise a few times a day is what helped me.

Hope you find an answer to your pain.. BTW, have you spoken to your doctor?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mario961

Hi, after my last surgery, yes I had back pain especially if you lost weight because we lose a lot of muscle. Also, we tend to compensate on one side by babying our ostomy side. If your rectum is still open, yes, you'll have discharge especially because you're still healing and it's moist inside. But always best to run it by your doctor.

francis

Hi there, I had my operation over a year ago and have had pain in my back when standing, which becomes worse when I pick something up.

Mrs.A

Francis... sounds like you need to visit your doctor and let them check you out.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister