Residues Hours After Irrigation - Is This Normal?

Replies
Views
Shitt Happens

Why do I have residues 4 hours after my irrigation which was great? It's been a week that I have every night. Is this normal? Yet I do not change my food :(

Shitt Happens

Still have some after 5 hours, could it be the corn bread that I made and then I ate of course??

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,316 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I wouldn't think that should happen.... Maybe you're just not using enough water and not quite clearing out your colon to the degree it should be. I've noticed that I have to use quite a lot of water to make sure it's clear so I can make it for the 24 hours that I should be able to. That's about all I can think of. Sorry, I can't be of more help.

Puppyluv56

I have been irrigating for a little over three weeks now. I went 3 days in a row without any output, but this past week it has been every day. Sometimes more than once, but nowhere near what it was before irrigating. I am trying to train my colon to every other day irrigating, so it may take some time there. It is much nicer than every night! I have not had any leakage since I started irrigating, and that is a godsend! I feel I can go anywhere and do anything now!

Pupoyluv

Shitt Happens

Good evening WeirdNewLife,

Thank you for your feedback, but I already use 1500 cc of water and it goes in very well, and when it starts to come out there is at least a cup of clear water coming out first.
And the last half cup is very dark green liquid.
Should I add more?
Thanks for your help.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Glad to hear the irrigation is working for you, Puppyluv. You're becoming an expert in no time.

Yes...Irrigation is a godsend!

Past Member

Hi SH. It seems to be normal that the first cup that comes out is clear. That happens with me too. The last half cup is green? Hmmmm. Seems to me, it should be brown. I don't know.... If you already use 1500 ccs, I would think that would be enough. You might want to ask your doctor about this. It's out of my area of expertise. Sorry I can't be of further help.... Hope things all get straightened out.

Puppyluv56

Danielle,

I have never had any green output. Are you eating a lot of green food? My first output is usually light in color but not clear by any means, like chicken soup broth. Then it becomes brown or rust colored as it gets thicker.

Candy

Shitt Happens

Hi Candy,

No, no green veggie, and it's weird it's the second night with no dark green residue. And same here when it starts it's clear...etc etc like you.

Have a great evening.

Danielle