Ostomy Reversal

In this discussion
Replies
Views
JD90

I am scheduled for my reversal surgery on 12/4. I've lived with my stoma for 30 months now. I am ready for the takedown!!

Only positive notes please. I've read too many horror stories and I won't be thinking negative thoughts as the days of countdown has finally begun!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Babydoll

Good luck... My positive note...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Donavon

Good luck JD,

I just spoke with a dude that was hating his decision but now he's grateful he did the takedown. It may take months, like 18, but you will be back in one piece!

Miniroll

Sorry, I've only just seen your post!

Has my takedown just 5 months ago. I feel very happy I made the decision to have it done. I have some minor issues that are really nothing to complain about, but it's still early days.

My surgeon told me it takes up to 2 years for things to settle down, but within 2 weeks I was back in the gym doing Pilates! (For the pelvic floor work which he keeps going on about!)

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to help, but I am not a full member so I can't read personal messages.

Good luck. Stay positive. A great deal of how you cope with reversal depends on your outlook on life and how high and realistic your expectations are!