Embracing Life's Second Chance - Successful Colostomy Reversal!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Inspired47

My reversal was a complete success. It was even more brutal than the first surgery, but I'm starting to really come around now. I'm going to take my second chance at life and live it to the fullest. Funny story. My surgery was on March 10th. The hospital cancelled ALL non-life-threatening surgeries on March 11th and indefinitely because of the coronavirus! I got my surgery just in time; otherwise, who knows how long I would have had the colostomy bag! I hope you're all doing well during this lockdown. Be kind and patient with each other, and we'll all get through this. Take care everyone and God bless.

Charlie

P.S.

Pooping is fun again

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Congratulations Charlie!

Thank you for letting us know your positive news as it will give inspiration to those contemplating such a procedure after this pandemic has passed. I do like your attitude to live life to the fullest -- we only get  one chnace, so why not make the most of it.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bagface

Inspired - So happy for you! I'm also a successful, fortunate reversal story. Thanks for sharing, and happy "trails" to you!

Inspired47

Thank you Bill!  I'm very fortunate to have been able to get the reversal and I'll never forget what it's like to experience living with a bag.  I think I'm a better, more understanding person now than I was before.  Crazy to admit it, but maybe having my bag was a blessing in disguise.  Take care, my friend.

Charlie

britathrt60

Great news, Inspired.

Good to hear you are doing so well. Godspeed with your recovery.

Ange

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Angelicamarie

Inspired47, that's good news!

Take care,

Angelicamarie

Morning glory

Great news. Yes, live your best life. I try to do this every day.

newyorktorque

Congrats Inspired! WTG. Glad to hear you're recovering.

lovely

Hi Charlie, glad you got it done in time. Hope you continue to have a speedy recovery. Keep us posted, best wishes.

currentsitguy

Congrats!

Man, I thought I got in under the wire back at the end of January! I'm about 2 months further into my reversal than you are. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

Puppyluv56

Charlie,

Great news and in the nick of time too! Somebody is surely looking out for you! It is funny but I bet you won't be talking about your poo now!! Lol For some reason, that was a taboo subject prior to becoming an Ostomate! I mean TMI! So you can always talk about it here! So glad you have done so well! Just like the song, "Live like you were dying"!
Take care and have continued success in your recovery!

Puppyluv

ron in mich

Hi all, glad your surgery was successful, Charlie. It's good to hear positive stories during all this COVID-19 illness going around.

Past Member

Wonderful! Yes, I think you are right about the blessing in disguise. We all see the world differently now, don't we? And that's not a bad thing. Best of luck; hope things go brilliantly for you from now on.

iMacG5

Congratulations, Charlie.  Thanks for sharing the good news.

Mike

Deeleigh

Inspired47, congratulations! I'm glad you got in there before this coronavirus hit. I had a temporary colostomy 23 years ago and had it reversed 3 years later.

I just had a colectomy and permanent ileostomy about 2 months ago. I had some low blood pressure issues for a month or so but starting to feel better.

Who knows, you might be like me and decide pooping on the pot isn't as great as you remember and come back like me. I hope you continue to heal well and have no more issues.