Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 21,5K + members

Illestomy reversal

Talk to people who understand you Sign up today - for many, our community has been a life-changing experience.
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Just left the hospital after my reversal on the 9th. Doesnt hurt as much but have bruise around my stoma area but all an all a success went to the bathroom the 3rd day after surgery nd had about 8 bm . Then 5bm and today just had 1 so far. Dont know what to expect havent passed gas yet which I heard people usually do after surgery guess ill see how it goes .thanks to all that have replied to my post .I will keep everyone updated.  Nothing but love and good vibes to everyone

Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi Lrasphong, so happy to hear you are out of the hospital and doing good. Keep us upddated and stay safe

Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi Lrasphong.  Thanks so much for the good news.  Seems like you have a great attitude along with a quickly recovering body.  

Respectfully,

Mike

Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:39 pm

Lrasphong- Very happy for you! Thanks for updating us!

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Hi Lrasphong!  That's great news.  1 BM so far........Wow......I'll never see that again.......but glad it's all working out for ya!!  Speedy recovery my friend!!

regards,

bob

Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:30 am

Hi Lrasphong thats good news that we all like to hear, cheers to good health for you.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:41 am

Good for you! Prayers up.....

Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:08 pm
lovely wrote:

Hi Lrasphong, so happy to hear you are out of the hospital and doing good. Keep us upddated and stay safe

Thank you lovely and everybody thats been responding  All honesty I'm in a lot of pain have doubled on my pain meds. I know I'm not suppose to but it hurts. Yesterday was one of the worst pains. Ate a little and couldn't go to the bathroom so that had me more worried and not passing gas made it worse. Today started using the bathroom and pooped alot and started passing gas for the first time and it felt great . Made me laugh to myself. But the relief from my stomach made it that much better I feel I'm getting better but the staplrs may also be the cause of some of the pain and discomfort. Hasn't been a week yet but I feel as though iam getting better and will return back to normal. Bm haven't been crazy from all the horror stories I've read . Thanks for thinking of me. I will pray for everybody on this website that we have a blessed day.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi Lrasphong, Sorry you are having so much pain. But it is good that things have started working. I pray you will heal quickly.I see you are from Greenwood is that where you had your surgery done? I had mine in Greenville. Best wishes and stay safe

Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:54 pm
Lrasphong wrote:

Thank you lovely and everybody thats been responding  All honesty I'm in a lot of pain have doubled on my pain meds. I know I'm not suppose to but it hurts. Yesterday was one of the worst pains. Ate a little and couldn't go to the bathroom so that had me more worried and not passing gas made it worse. Today started using the bathroom and pooped alot and started passing gas for the first time and it felt great . Made me laugh to myself. But the relief from my stomach made it that much better I feel I'm getting better but the staplrs may also be the cause of some of the pain and discomfort. Hasn't been a week yet but I feel as though iam getting better and will return back to normal. Bm haven't been crazy from all the horror stories I've read . Thanks for thinking of me. I will pray for everybody on this website that we have a 

Your pain could be gas. After my surgery I had wicked gas pain. A nurse advised me to lie on my side in a fetal position and walk. It helped quite a bit. Please be careful with the pain meds.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:57 pm
lovely wrote:

Hi Lrasphong, Sorry you are having so much pain. But it is good that things have started working. I pray you will heal quickly.I see you are from Greenwood is that where you had your surgery done? I had mine in Greenville. Best wishes and stay safe

Yes lovely and thanks for the good wishes.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:02 pm
Bagface wrote:

Your pain could be gas. After my surgery I had wicked gas pain. A nurse advised me to lie on my side in a fetal position and walk. It helped quite a bit. Please be careful with the pain meds.

I think you are 100% right i tried laying on my side it seems to make it hurting even more . Walking is something I do less of but I try to do it as much as i can thanks for the advice. The pain meds is the only way I've been able to become semi-normal. Now my appetite has decreased so much from before it kinds of scary. One time a day because of the pain when I do eat. Also maybe it's just my body telling me to take it real easy not sure what to do because the pain seems to hit even more when I get up to move a little. Thank you for the support . Any advice is appreciated. 

Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:15 pm

Hi Lrasphong,

I want to be clear here........has your appetite decreased, meaning you're just not hungry..........or are you hungry but choose not to eat because it hurts to eat?  If you have no desire to eat that's a very distinct symptom.  If that's the case, you should call your Doc tomorrow.  Maybe you can set up a video chat appointment.  Even if you can't meet with the surgeon they should have interns on their team that can discuss your situation.  Pain is more difficult to figure out, as everyone has a different threshold for pain, and what you might call severe I might consider mild, etc.  But a true loss of appetite warrants further investigation.  Does it hurt to drink?  If not, or it's tolerable, you might try drinking some meal replacement shakes.  It's also important you don't get dehydrated, so check the color of your urine (clear is fully hydrated, light yellow is normal and anything darker indicates you're dehydrated).  You can even call your Doc's office now and leave a message, so they can squeeze you in tomorrow sometime.  Or at the very least call you back to discuss.  Take care my friend!

regards,

bob

Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:19 pm
w30bob wrote:

Hi Lrasphong,

I want to be clear here........has your appetite decreased, meaning you're just not hungry..........or are you hungry but choose not to eat because it hurts to eat?  If you have no desire to eat that's a very distinct symptom.  If that's the case, you should call your Doc tomorrow.  Maybe you can set up a video chat appointment.  Even if you can't meet with the surgeon they should have interns on their team that can discuss your situation.  Pain is more difficult to figure out, as everyone has a different threshold for pain, and what you might call severe I might consider mild, etc.  But a true loss of appetite warrants further investigation.  Does it hurt to drink?  If not, or it's tolerable, you might try drinking some meal replacement shakes.  It's also important you don't get dehydrated, so check the color of your urine (clear is fully hydrated, light yellow is normal and anything darker indicates you're dehydrated).  You can even call your Doc's office now and leave a message, so they can squeeze you in tomorrow sometime.  Or at the very least call you back to discuss.  Take care my friend!

regards,

bob

Everything got better woke up this morning around 2am and just had diarrhea for awhile and it empty everything out. Felt like I lost 20lbs after that my appetite came back no cramps or bloating.  Pain levels have dropped alot. So now able to eat an deal with aches and pains from eating here and there.  Just had to empty my stomach real good. I could smell all the medicine and chemicals they were pumping into me.thanks for your concern Bob. Thanks for taking the time to message me enjoy your day

Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Glad everything is getting back to normal for you. I pray you continue to get better. best wishes and stay safe

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:30 pm

Hope you continue to feel better and better.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:03 pm
Lrasphong wrote:

Everything got better woke up this morning around 2am and just had diarrhea for awhile and it empty everything out. Felt like I lost 20lbs after that my appetite came back no cramps or bloating.  Pain levels have dropped alot. So now able to eat an deal with aches and pains from eating here and there.  Just had to empty my stomach real good. I could smell all the medicine and chemicals they were pumping into me.thanks for your concern Bob. Thanks for taking the time to message me enjoy your day

EXCELLENT!!!  Rock on Bro!!

regards,

bob

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:03 pm

Congratulations and continued good recovery! 

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:21 pm
Puppyluv56 wrote:

Congratulations and continued good recovery! 

Thanks and have been doing better almost back to normal .. i poop about 4 times a day... can't go back to work for another 4-6 weeks.... which sucks but its turning out better then expected.. Also going weight...dam dam dam

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:42 am
Lrasphong wrote:

Thanks and have been doing better almost back to normal .. i poop about 4 times a day... can't go back to work for another 4-6 weeks.... which sucks but its turning out better then expected.. Also going weight...dam dam dam

So glad to hear about your successful reversal! Stay well!

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.