Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

Happy Fathers Day'

Be Safe,

Angelicamarie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,108 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

Thanks

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bill

I get two of these - as one of my children lives in New Zealand and they celebrate father's day at a different time of year. 

Best wishes

Bill

Immarsh

Hi Angelica Bill..... Belated Happy Father's Day Bill.....and Greetings to you Angel.... It's been awhile. I had a really rough year physically,with all kinds of medical issues popping up, one after another... ARthritic knees, had me in pain, andI had to struggle with mobility. I was still in physical therapy ( the shots didtn't work for me) when the pandemic hit,so i've been on my own since March.. I'm pleased to say the the excercises worked, and the " knives" in my knees, are now just aches. But steps are still an issue, and I migh still need the cane I was anticipating... All the " other " conditions, are under control at the moment, so except for consulting,Zooming/ or speaking to about 10 different doctors...... I'm doing ok.. Sadly a dear friend/ and tenant died last month after contracting the virus. He was recouperating here, had a couph relapse, and his heart / pacemaker gave out. That was so sad, and so close to home that it was scary.. I was in quarenteen for 3 weeks, and still practicing social distancing.....and am trying to be patient... as the pandemic dontinues.. I hope all is well with you. Best regards....Marsha

Immarsh

Whoops.....sorry xnine....didn't see you there . Greetings to you has well.. Marsha

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Bill

Hello Marsha.

Thank you for your post and update on your situation. I am sorry to hear that you have been through so much but hope that it is all behind you now and you can move on ( or as best you can in  these difficult times).

It is very difficult when somebody to whom we are close dies because of Covid 19, as it brings home just how vulnerable we all are to this deadly virus. Here, we have been particularly concerned that reports have been leaking out recently that the hospitals have been discharging patients to care homes without first testing for the virus. Thus, the incidences of deaths in care homes has increased significantly. The Hospitals plead that they were only following the Government guidlines and the Government deny any responsibility, by continually stating that they are only following the scientific -evidence'. Whatever happened to common-sense? On the other hand, right at the start of this pandemic, one of the politicians blurted out that they thought the best way to manage the pandemic was to let as many people contract the disease as possible to create 'herd-immunity'. For such people, the concept of frail, sick, elderly and dependent people dying, would be music within their financially motivated paradigm, and they would encourage the spread of such a virus if it meant ridding themselves of the inconvenience of financially dependent individuals.  This may sound an extreme view, or even paranoid, but there is an old saying:- " Just because you're paranoid - doesn't mean their not out to get you!"

On that happy note, I hope you are doing all you can to stay safe.

Best wishes

Bill

Angelicamarie

Hi Marsha, I'm so sorry you have had challenges with your health. However I'm glad things are looking up for you.
I was really glad to see your name, so many no longer post or comment.
This year have been a rough for many reasons and the year is not even over... I do hope your heath continues to get better. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers..

Take care,

Angel