Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 21,254 members

Best deodorants for pouch

Talk to people who understand you Sign up today - for many, our community has been a life-changing experience.
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:07 am

I'm now regularly using liquid deodorant drops in my pouch. What a difference for bathroom smell!  Has anyone discovered an inexpensive one?  I sometimes runs out of the one I get with my supplies, so looking for suggestions. 

Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:40 am

I use baby oil all the time and find it works well for lubricant and odor and is relatively inexpensive.  Plus I buy the 3 oz travel size baby oil for when I travel and out for dinner etc.  These go through TSA no problem in a back pack or carry on too. Stay well. Penguins7

Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:03 pm

Security T Ostomy deodorant 

part # 108000 made by Genairex 

Vitality Medical is now selling for $5.52 for an 8oz bottle which will usually last me a month works and a lot cheaper then M9 and it works!

Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:44 pm

Nothing cheaper or more effective than baking soda.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:11 pm
HenryM wrote:

Nothing cheaper or more effective than baking soda.

You just put some in your pouch?  How much do you use?  

Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi my stoma nurse gave me a recommendation a few weeks ago and it is amazing makes a massive difference, and the best bit is it's cheap

Peppermint extract (the type you use in baking) a couple of drops in the bottom of the bag and 👃

Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:19 pm

And a book of matches does wonders....lol

Bain

Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:51 pm

I use M9 ..2 drops in morning and 2 at night ..

Ange 

Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:57 pm

Peppermint Altoids or tic tacs will do the trick😎

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Good to know all these off the shelf alternative odor killers incase you run out of Ostomy deodorant.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:37 am
NJ Bain wrote:

And a book of matches does wonders....lol

Bain

Hey buddy how is it going with u?

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.