Inexpensive deodorants for pouches?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses affordable deodorant options for ostomy pouches, with participants sharing their recommendations and experiences.
Bluesky

I'm now regularly using liquid deodorant drops in my pouch. What a difference for bathroom smell! Has anyone discovered an inexpensive one? I sometimes run out of the one I get with my supplies, so looking for suggestions.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Penguins7

I use baby oil all the time and find it works well for lubricant and odor, and it is relatively inexpensive. Plus, I buy the 3 oz travel size baby oil for when I travel and go out for dinner, etc. These go through TSA no problem in a backpack or carry-on too. Stay well. Penguins7

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Maried

Security T Ostomy deodorant.

Part # 108000 made by Genairex.

Vitality Medical is now selling for $5.52 for an 8oz bottle, which will usually last me a month. It works and is a lot cheaper than M9, and it works!

HenryM

Nothing cheaper or more effective than baking soda.

Bluesky

You just put some in your pouch? How much do you use? 

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Loki

Hi, my stoma nurse gave me a recommendation a few weeks ago and it is amazing. It makes a massive difference, and the best part is it's cheap.

Peppermint extract (the type you use in baking) a couple of drops in the bottom of the bag and

NJ Bain

And a book of matches does wonders....lol

Bain

britathrt60

I use M9. 2 drops in the morning and 2 at night.

Ange

Riva

Peppermint Altoids or Tic Tacs will do the trick

Maried

Good to know all these off-the-shelf alternative odor killers in case you run out of ostomy deodorant.

Harper 11

Hey buddy, how is it going with you?

Past Member

Hello everyone!

The best thing I have found for deodorant in my pouch is a peppermint dietary gel cap. I just drop one in my pouch first thing in the morning, especially if I'm going out. My output is minty fresh for most of the day.

It must be the gel caps! There's peppermint oil inside and when the gel melts the oil is released in the pouch.