Medicare-approved ostomy suppliers - Need recommendations (excluding Byram and Edgepark)

Replies
Views
Discovering My Voice

I am curious about what suppliers you all use. I absolutely loved 180 Medical but they did not carry everything I needed. I recently tried Byram and they are absolutely horrible. Made my first order December 21 and didn't receive supplies until January 9. They already want me to order again and haven't billed me for last month yet. I haven't been able to successfully get into myByram portal yet to take a look at my account. I've tried 5 times at least and have been on the phone with them asking for help so many times. They are not helpful and can sometimes be quite rude and impatient. No warm fuzzies with this company. 180 Medical was far superior in every way except they are such a small company that I couldn't get all my products. Would love feedback on what suppliers you all use that take Medicare.

Bill

Hello DMV.

I am in the UK and use Coloplast's subsidiary called ‘Carter Healthcare’, who have been very good over many years.

It may be that, as a multinational company, Coloplast may have a similar set-up in the USA. If they have, then I might be worth getting in touch to find out what their distribution section is called.

However, I am sure that others on here will have a more direct route to suitable suppliers in your country.

Best wishes
Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ritz

Voice,

I'm in Arizona and I use Comfort Medical. They have an app that I just tried and it's great for reordering. The app lets you go and add or change items you want. Prior to that, they send you texts saying it's almost time to reorder and you can easily reorder there. Before I had begun using the app, they would call you to place your order. They call your doctor if you want a different type of appliance; otherwise, the order is placed. I've been using them since the beginning. I tried Byram and one other, but these guys are great. I always receive my order prior to having 10 changes left and never get a bill for anything. Once, I was traveling and had to extend my stay and didn't have enough supplies with me, so I called them and they sent a 14-day emergency supply of each item I typically get at no charge overnight.
Good luck, Ritz

Discovering My Voice

Thank you so much. I will research Comfort Medical...

Discovering My Voice

Thank you so much...

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Puppyluv56

Hi,

I have heard people say they had a problem with Edgepark, but I have used them for almost three years and have had no issues. I do think since Covid, delivery of anything has taken forever. The postal service as well as UPS and FedEx are overworked and overwhelmed.
Pup

Newbie Dana

I, too, have used Edgepark for several years, mainly because I could not find anybody local (don't even get me started on the list of suppliers the hospital sends you home with - out of a 2-page list, Edgepark was one of only 2 suppliers that actually carried ostomy supplies, and the other one didn't take Medicare). Unfortunately, Edgepark is the typical huge corporation with very little actual customer service - everyone is so politely apologetic about your problems, but nobody can actually do anything about them! And they really like to hike their prices 3-4 times where you could buy them full price on the Internet, but that still works out better than the $20 copay for Medicare. Although, I still have to periodically order more over the Internet anyway, because Medicare limits me to 2 sealed pouches a day! It is obvious that whoever came up with that calculation was not an ostomate themselves! And Edgepark conveniently "never received" anything from my doctor trying to increase that, even though she sent it 3 times. I think Edgepark just didn't want to deal with Medicare requesting a waiver from the limit. I'm going to look into Comfort Medical, too.

*Jackkau

Edgepark was the worst company of any kind I have tried to deal with. I filed a complaint with United Healthcare. I found Liberator and they have been great. They make a mistake ever so often but they correct immediately. I first tried Edgepark because they are the ONLY supplier on UHC's approval network list. Can you say "kickback?"

Killarney
Reply to Bill

Bill, have you ever used products from Salts and if you haven't, what have you heard about them. You mentioned Carter Healthcare, is that your product now, and do they have a website. Thanks again, you're the man to talk to (compliment)

Bill
Reply to Killarney

Hello Killarney.
Sorry my post had a typing error. The supplier I use is CHARTER not carter. It is a subsidiary of Coloplast. I believe that they do have a website -- https://www.coloplastcharter.co.uk
Thanks for the compliment even though it might be undeserved.
Best wishes
Bill