Unbiased Opinions Wanted - Skin Barrier Sheets

In this discussion
Replies
Views
w30bob

Hi guys,

Looking to hear from anyone who has firsthand experience with skin barrier sheets from the big guys. I'm talking Hollister Hollihesive Skin Barrier, DuoDerm (extra thin) GCF Dressing, and Coloplast Brava Protective Sheets. What should I know about each, and which worked best for you?

Ok, I'll take slightly biased opinions too.........the other kind are like hen's teeth, aren't they?

Thanks,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Casper9

Hi Bob,

I have only ever used Duoderm Extra Thin. It's a bit pricey but I think it's worth every penny. My skin is super sensitive, so I use it a lot just to keep my skin in good condition. If I get a red, weepy, irritated spot, the Duoderm also helps to heal it. I just cut the size I need and put it on my peristomal skin (sometimes I seal the edges with paste) and slap my wafer on top. Good to go. The Duoderm also helps me get a little more wear out of the wafer. Between 5-7 days.

Here is a link to an article you might find helpful:

https://ostomyoutdoors.com/2013/04/01/using-duoderm-to-protect-peristomal-skin/

Hope you find a solution soon!

Casper9

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate