Question: Asking for my friend Seymour

Replies
Views
Justbreathe

I have been experiencing dull pain in my stomach and do not want to go to the doc. Not sure what a blockage feels like or what might be causing this pain. I have a closet full of prescriptions so I took a look at them and found one for GERD. My heart doc had prescribed Pantoprazole for GERD in a time-released tablet form. The problem is, people with ostomies should not take time-released meds...as they are partially processed in the large intestine and that ship has sailed for me. Not to mention they will come out whole through the ole' silly illi - as I have learned from experience - and not from anyone in the medical field. Too many different docs in different fields - talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.
Anyway, I called Walgreens today to inquire about a powder form of this drug and good news/bad news, it does come in powder form - the bad news is 509 - ouch!!! Any suggestions (besides get a job)? I am too dang old to go back to work....and yes, I have taken Pepcid....just wondering if any ostomates have any other suggestions. Thanks

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,108 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

There are over-the-counter liquid forms of Pepcid for use on babies and toddlers, perhaps those would be affordable. I have GERD and my best cure has been to sleep with a wedge pillow under my upper body, elevating my head etc. Especially important is to simply avoid those things that irritate... coffee, black tea, anything tomato. It's worth it.

As for the pain in your belly, if it's bad, you must see a doctor.

Hope you do well.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate