Hollister Products

Replies
Views
cbhines14

Hollister products. I went to see a stoma nurse last Friday and apparently I've been using the wrong appliance which is called a skin barrier for over 20 years. My stoma opening is 1 inch and I have been trying to put a five eighths and a seven eighths on it, so I have a bunch of product that I spent money on that I need to sell and restart my wardrobe all over again. Just wondering how I go about selling this product at a reduced price. I have over $2000 worth of product that I cannot use. Please advise. Thank you and have a great day.

HenryM
Do you realize that you can get a Hollister skin barrier that you can cut yourself to fit exactly? I use their stock #11202, CeraPlus 2-piece ostomy skin barrier with tape. It comes with a measuring guide and is simple to cut to perfectly fit the stoma. Easy on and off. No messy extras to fool with. Takes me a minute to cut it with small scissors.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,365 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

cbhines14

Yes, but I don't cut very well. Thanks.

Bryce

Any extra unused product I give to my ET Nurse who passes the equipment on to service agencies. There is one in Panama where their clients are still using half coconut shells and bread bags, so every little bit helps. Best, Bryce

Past Member
Reply to cbhines14

I have wonky hands and also don't cut well. I found that the little scissors given to us with our ostomy products are useless. So on Amazon, I found a pair of toenail scissors for the handicapped. They have a long shaft with angled cutting blades that are super sharp. Wish I had a link to share but can't find it. If you search Amazon, you can find them I'm sure. I can cut through anything with those scissors.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister