When did you get your ostomy?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Cat Went

When did everyone get their ostomy? I've had mine since November 2019

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Hi Cat, I got mine in March 2020. Welcome.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Charleston man

April 2010

Hairdresser

September 2001

AlexT

March of 2021.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member

November 2008

RaenotRay

August 2021 - April 2022; I'm one of the fortunate ones who could have a reversal, but I still identify as an ostomate.

Casper9

I had my ileostomy surgery in November 1995. I was 23. Just had my "Barbie butt" surgery 3 weeks ago.

RaenotRay
Reply to Casper9

I hope you're healing well.

Casper9
Reply to RaenotRay

I forgot how not fun surgery is, LOL but I'm doing OK thanks!!!

RaenotRay
Reply to Casper9

I'm in recovery mode right now too. I can't agree with you more.

Past Member
Reply to Casper9

Hope all goes well for you, Casper.

Casper9
Reply to Anonymous

Thank you, Sally!

lovely

I have had mine since 10/1/14

Uro2011

July 2011 - Urostomy

AlexT
Reply to Casper9

Good luck with recovery.

HenryM

July, 1964.  No, that's not a typo.  Redone in 2011.

Axl

Jan 2017

ron in mich

I got my ileo in 1985 and redone in 2018.

Past Member

1976, let's not say how many years ago that was. I feel old enough as it is. LOL. Still, same stoma now and going strong. I was 7 years old when I had mine.

ronshery

My surgery was in 1977, had 2 more since then.

Casper9
Reply to AlexT

Thank you!

TerryLT

Hey Cat, right there with you. I had mine in November 2019 also. That was for a colostomy, which was then changed about eight months later to an ileostomy.

Terry

StPetie

Got my first one in 2019, the permanent one a year later. By the way, I did some skydiving in CA in the 80's and 90's, but didn't recognize the area you were in. Was that San Diego by any chance?

rustykunk1949
Reply to RaenotRay

How did your reconnection surgery go? Were you in the hospital for a long time?

RaenotRay
Reply to rustykunk1949

My reconnection went perfectly. I was in the hospital for two days. Healing has been progressing well. I have been tired, and a bit sore. Nothing like my original surgeries.

Meadow Snow

Hi Cat! I'm also a Catherine, so I'm in good company! My first ileo because of my UC (which had just been diagnosed as well) was with my subtotal colectomy in November 2013. It got reversed into a J pouch April 2015. And in March 2022, I got my J pouch reversed back into an ileo, this time with Barbie Butt, and currently recovering and feeling good so far. This is just the TLDR, but if you want the full story, I've written a blog post called "I miss pooing. Is that weird?"

Edit: Just sent you a follow request on Instagram, my handle is @cathybvincent

Ancient1

Hi Cat, I got mine on 03-31-2008...

Brijo0801

February 2014

bryancohnracing

September 2018 with many complications that led to more surgery in December 2018.