Digestion Issues and Loose Stool After Acne Antibiotics

Replies
Views
sur.sanchita

Hello again,

I am facing some problem and thought I check if anyone here could have faced similar issues.

I had my tumor removed on November 21 and since then I have a stoma. In February, I had a sudden acne breakout on my face. The dermatologist gave some antibiotics. The acne is under control but I have started having loose motion. I consulted internal medicine and took a course of antibiotics again but it seems not to be working. I am planning to see my surgeon.

Is there anyone here who has faced similar issues? I am worried. Any lead/advice is appreciated.

Regards..

Justbreathe

I am confused (no surprise there if you've read any of my posts) regarding questions on this site. When it comes to Pooh questions, I am guessing (without due diligence research - cause that takes too much of my brain power) colostomy and ileostomy output differ greatly. I am thinking it would be a good idea to first post which lovely group of poo-ostomies you are dealing with when you hope to hear from folks with similarities. Just a thought. Hope you are back to whatever your "normal" is very soon.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK
Reply to Justbreathe

A solid plan, JB.

lovely

I have taken a lot of antibiotics and they do cause diarrhea. Here is something I read online. Antibiotics work by killing or reducing the growth of certain bacteria that are making you ill, but they can also kill good, or helpful, bacteria in your intestinal system. This may disrupt the delicate balance in your intestines, allowing bad intestinal bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotic to increase. You can also take probiotics to help. Hope this helps.

sur.sanchita
Reply to Justbreathe

My apologies for not being very clear in my post. I have a colostomy and I am living with a bag. Thank you for your kind words and time.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
sur.sanchita
Reply to lovely

Thank you. I have taken both antibiotics and probiotics but no result yet... sadly...

Xerxes
Reply to sur.sanchita

As stated above, antibiotics can disrupt significantly your microbiome resulting in diarrhea, etc. I would question whether taking antibiotics with probiotics would be that effective. The antibiotics could be "killing" the probiotics and reduce their effectiveness if any. Just a thought.

Xerxes

Twomadogs

Hello, I have an ileostomy for Crohn's.

It took years for a doctor to finally diagnose correctly.

For many years before being diagnosed, I had cracking dry peeling skin on my hands and feet to the point of bleeding and pain. After my colon was removed, it disappeared. When I had another flare after this, my head, neck, back, hands, and arms developed shingle-like lesions and once again disappeared when the flare passed.

I believe my skin problems are directly related to my bowel inflammation.

So is my joint pain I also suffer from during flare-ups.

Perhaps you are experiencing something similar.

I couldn't convince a doctor that the symptoms were related, though I'm afraid they seem to find it difficult to think outside the box.

All the best, I hope things are improving for you now.

Cheers, Ian.🌹🌹🌹🌹