Gastrografin: Nasty-tasting but necessary for scans - Tips for a better experience!

Replies
Views
Homie With A Stomie NS

All I can say is that it is nasty-tasting crap, lol.... If you have to take it for a scan, do yourself a favor and mix it with juice, not water.... Definitely taste the iodine!!!!

It hasn't affected my stoma outputs, but definitely made me nauseous and very run down since last night till this morning when the scan was done. It was couch city for me.....

And surprise, they tell you to bring the leftover with you just so you can drink it just before the scan, and no juice, only water... I would rather eat chalk.....

But it's done, nothing left but the waiting to see the doctor in 2 weeks for treatment..... Let's gooooooo....

SallyK

Sending you loads of love and positive vibes, Mommabear. I will keep you in my prayers.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,468 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

I've had those many times.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to SallyK

Ty hunny, much much appreciated.....Happy Tuesday

Xoxo

StPetie

Did you get the joy of having JP drains with your abscesses?

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
#Highlyfavored

Yes, it does leave a metallic taste in your mouth and heat in your body when the dye is going through your vein. If you have to go to the bathroom, you better do it before; otherwise, you might wet yourself down when you're having your scan done. If you're diabetic and on metformin, you're not allowed to take it after about 3 days when you take that contrast.