Gastrografin: Nasty-tasting but necessary for scans - Tips for a better experience!

Replies
Views
Homie With A Stomie NS
Jul 11, 2022 8:31 pm

All I can say is that it is nasty-tasting crap, lol.... If you have to take it for a scan, do yourself a favor and mix it with juice, not water.... Definitely taste the iodine!!!!

It hasn't affected my stoma outputs, but definitely made me nauseous and very run down since last night till this morning when the scan was done. It was couch city for me.....

And surprise, they tell you to bring the leftover with you just so you can drink it just before the scan, and no juice, only water... I would rather eat chalk.....

But it's done, nothing left but the waiting to see the doctor in 2 weeks for treatment..... Let's gooooooo....

Login to see image

SallyK
Jul 11, 2022 10:35 pm

Sending you loads of love and positive vibes, Mommabear. I will keep you in my prayers.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

AlexT
Jul 11, 2022 11:44 pm

I've had those many times.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Jul 12, 2022 12:12 pm
Reply to SallyK

Ty hunny, much much appreciated.....Happy Tuesday

Xoxo

StPetie
Jul 12, 2022 5:48 pm

Did you get the joy of having JP drains with your abscesses?

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Play
#Highlyfavored
Jul 18, 2022 11:49 pm

Yes, it does leave a metallic taste in your mouth and heat in your body when the dye is going through your vein. If you have to go to the bathroom, you better do it before; otherwise, you might wet yourself down when you're having your scan done. If you're diabetic and on metformin, you're not allowed to take it after about 3 days when you take that contrast.