Need Cushion Recommendations for Barbie Butt Surgery Recovery

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses recommendations for cushions to aid in the recovery process after Barbie Butt surgery.
Past Member

I recently had Barbie Butt surgery. I've bought a coccyx wedge-shaped pillow to reduce pressure on my stitches but am still in pain. Any tips for cushions or better recovery?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Homie With A Stomie NS

Reach out to Abefroman1969. He is a very active member here and full of info on this topic and all around good guy.... There are many on here that can and will answer...

You got this, girl... Time will heal you....

Tracy

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
eefyjig

Emmie, how recently was your procedure? I had mine in 2015 and remember the pain well. This was my fourth surgery and I had even asked my surgeon for more Percocet, but he refused and told me to take Tylenol. After about three weeks, things improved but I was sore for several more weeks. I used microbead pillows but, truthfully, leaned to one side more often for a while. Did your surgeon give you a timeline in terms of symptoms? When you'd start to feel better? If not, ask him or her. Mine didn't tell me until I specifically asked him i.e. Is it normal to still feel pain? When can I expect to be able to sit up easier? Can I have more Percocet?! You deserve to know what to expect regarding your pain and healing journey.

Abefroman1969

I use a couple different coccyx cushions, they are okay, the best for relief I've found (I haven't had my Ken butt done yet but have severe issues back there). I've found the best relief thus far to be a waffle pillow that I was given at the hospital. I've been through 4 so far, they don't last forever unfortunately and they aren't cheap. Luckily for me, I'm in pretty tight with the nurses at the hospital and they almost always give me a new one instead of having to buy one. Best of luck! Thank you to Homie with a Stomie for the shout out!

Abefroman1969
Reply to eefyjig

I really get upset when doctors and surgeons refuse to take the pain seriously. I had to go through a lot with my surgeon for immediate aftercare pain, but then switched my pain management back to my PCP. Luckily, she is excellent with pain management.
I've found that my magical key to getting pain meds is to never ask for a certain type/brand name of pain reliever. Also, it helps to let them know what you are currently doing for pain, i.e. ice/heat packs, lidocaine gel/ointment, (in my case) medical marijuana, stretching, Tylenol, so that they are aware that you've indeed already tried everything that they are going to suggest. Also, offer before they ask to sign a pain contract and express that you have zero desire to take any kind of opiate medication because you don't want to become addicted, but are at the point that something new or an extension of your prescription is absolutely necessary. That's what worked for me, but it was a very long process but worth it to get relief. I swear I now have the entire pharmacy at my house. No one should have to be in agony just to live.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
eefyjig
Reply to Abefroman1969

Very good points and really good advice

Past Member

Thanks everyone. It was just over a week ago that I had surgery. Yesterday was pretty rough but the pain was a lot better today. It was really nice of you all to answer. Thank you! I bought a well-cushioned lounge chair and that's helping a lot.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Anonymous

Each day will get better and better...stay strong.