Best support belts for work and sleep?

Replies
Views
ReddogUSA

I have used the Hollister band when I first got my ileostomy, since then I have bought a few Stealthbelts, one horizontal, and my go-to the vertical one. Here recently bought a vertical one that was meant for working/exercising... not very happy with it as the zipper goes across the stoma and it's a pain to get the bag out to drain. Let me know what ones you use and your pros and cons.

Thanks,

Norm

AlexT

Vertical StealthBelt and Ostomysecrets wraps. No issues with either.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,468 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

patrickrichardson1946

I wear a 5-inch belt provided by the National Health Service and not all the time, only if I am lifting or carrying something out of the ordinary.

SharkFan

Norm,

I use a Pouchwear diagonal belt. The horizontal Stealthbelt caused occasional pancaking. The Pouchwear's diagonal design lets gravity help with that. There is no zipper, just a flap that does a good job of keeping my appliance secure while making for quick access. I wear this at work, in the pool, and hot tub. No issues. The only negative is that it seems to be a smaller company that makes these belts as needed. Shipping time can be a couple of weeks. As for nighttime wear, I just tuck the bag into my shorts and wear a t-shirt.

Hope this helps,

SharkFan

ReddogUSA
Reply to SharkFan

Sharkfan,

LOL, that's what I do at night... It works, I'll check them out for sure.

Thanks,

Norm

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
riffael
Reply to AlexT

Alex, how do the wraps work? Do you have to shimmy into them, or do they have a zipper/velcro?
Thanks!
Riff

AlexT
Reply to riffael

The wraps I have you slip on like you would your underwear. The belt goes around and it velcros together. Both are very comfortable.

AgentSmith

I use a hernia belt.