Loose Stool with Colostomy: Seeking Advice

Replies
Views
Ostomy4life_22

Hello everyone! This is my first post and I hope I can get some helpful answers for a question I have. Just tonight before bed, I have been having looser stool than usual. My bag fills up pretty fast with this. I have always had applesauce texture until now. Does anyone know why this is happening now? And to see if it helps, I took an Imodium like I would with my ileostomy. All of this is a long story on how I came to a colostomy.

Thanks everyone.

Mindy

AlexT

Change in what you have eaten lately?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Alex has the most probable answer to this phenomenon, but it may also be to do with how much you drink. However, the consistency of mine changes even when I'm eating the same stuff on a daily basis. Sometimes I think the changes are to make sure that we don't forget to focus on the stoma, rather than get on with other things more important in life!

Best wishes

Bill

Justbreathe

I have an ileostomy so I know nothing about output from a colostomy. My output is never the same except from my morning coffee - one cup in, two cups out. As Bill has said, I think these stomas are just attention-getting devices - they seem to keep us aware of what we eat and drink and occasionally what we forget to chew well!

Ostomy4life_22

Thank you everyone for your input. After taking the Imodium and sitting upright for a few hours because I'm paranoid about leaking, things are back to normal so far. You all are awesome and I'm glad I found this forum.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
brown.karen0728
Reply to AlexT

Yes, definitely change can be good, but everybody's different too. Just fool around, experiment, and see what works for you. If it doesn't work, change it or eliminate.