Urostomy Pouches

Replies
Views
devilishjim

Can anyone give me a good location for getting pouches at a reasonable rate? I tried Osto Group but no pouches like I use Hollister 8482 3/4" convex.

I was able to get a 3-month supply through insurance before I retired. Now I know why insurance rates are so high.
Edgepark charged my insurance $1200 for 45 pouches...I believe they offered me a whopping 10 or 15% discount being as I no longer have insurance (whooppee).

I have a few dollars saved but am trying to live within my income, which is Social Security and that's it. Another year before I can get medical or Medicare or whatever it is us old folks are supposed to get.

Have a fantastic day, all of you.

Past Member
Hey, this is JG or Jenny. I do know you can buy bags or any supplies off of eBay pretty darn cheap. Just bid at the last few seconds before the auction is over. I've been using eBay for years, not for pouches but as a real antique collector. Also, look at how many items that person has sold and read their feedback. If it is good, then you should be good to go by ordering from them. I saw on there that they have sealed merchandise and I was just checking it out. I use Hollister also, but I have a ton of supplies and I am a temporary ostomate. Even though some people think it will be permanent, it won't be. I just had a colonoscopy yesterday and the doctor said I am all ready to go for surgery. Only a small portion of my colon was removed, like three inches at max. He gave me all my pictures. I wasn't even sick and now I have a bag. Now I am just looking forward to things being normal since I never had a colon problem in my life and I have one healthy colon. All I am saying is if I had to use these for a long period, then I would use eBay. I have a red star on mine and am working on a purple star, but I only buy and don't sell. My husband said they have really good prices and I hope that helped you. Plus, always pay with PayPal on eBay and if anyone ever tries to cheat you, PayPal handles that. If I see any other sites, I will let you know, but I go through a company to get my Hollister supplies. Also, a nice person here told me about the Nu Hope Hernia belt. I do not have a hernia but could get one easily now that I have been cut there, so I Googled Nu Hope Hernia Belt and called them. They told me to call the people I buy my belts from and they handled it fine. I know these bags cost a lot to people without insurance and I am so sorry. I think anyone who has anything extra should donate to a site for people who can't afford these. That is sad to me. God bless you and I promise to check feedback on eBay. You will get a great deal on what you want. Love in Christ's name, Jenny.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
weewee

Get ahold of Steve with the Life Goes On Foundation. He has a lot of info and can help. That is his website. Also, he responds pretty fast.

miyzy

Tried to get a hold of him once, even through his foundation. Did not get a reply. Maybe he thought I was a nutbar. LOL.

eddie

Try going to the Hollister site and talk with their ostomy nurse. They may have some kind of program, www.hollister.com.

Good luck.

Eddie.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Tall geoff

You know mate, as a Brit in the UK, I feel sorry for you guys in the USA. I mean, us Brits complain about the NHS, but at least we get our bags and stuff free. To be fair, I don't know what I would do if I had to pay for them. So, my thoughts are with all of you in the USA who have to pay for theirs because it's not fair that you have a condition for life where you have to pay for your stuff to maintain a happy life.

My thoughts are with you, and the next Brit who complains about the NHS should think we're lucky to have an NHS.

eddie
Hey, I think your insurance company got ripped off. I went online and put in your pouch information and got this site that had them for $57.95 a box of ten. You can also try a 2-piece system that may be a lot cheaper until you qualify for Medicare. Hope this helps. If you changed it every day, a month would be around $180. I just checked one site, the delivery was free. Try searching the net for the best buys.
www.BestBuyOstomy.com/Pouches
Eddie