Questioning Convatec Adhesive Remover Wipes: Unrealistic Advertising and High Prices

Replies
Views
BobMac21
Mar 14, 2023 2:16 pm
Reply to w30bob

In my experience, my stoma is never the same at each barrier change. Size can differ, so I only cut the opening just before use and hope I didn't get it too large, so I don't get an acid burn.

w30bob
Mar 14, 2023 3:46 pm

Hi Bob,

I just had my stoma revised, and so far it's staying exactly the same size.......knock on wood. The mess of a stoma I had before was a different story, but now that I have a proper 'rosebud' it's behaving well. Speaking of behaving........my previous stoma was flush to my skin, for the most part, and no rosebud........just a real mess of skin. So I never actually saw my intestine sticking out, just the very tip of the opening. The other morning I was changing my barrier on my new stoma.......and it started moving! I was like WTF??? Then I realized I was seeing my own peristalsis for the first time. Very interesting.

;O)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Daisy2023
Mar 23, 2023 2:31 pm
Reply to Cplumber

She is awesome. I follow her on TikTok (basically all I look at on there is ostomy-related posts) and YouTube as well.

BetaScience
Jul 24, 2023 1:28 am

I would never! I've hidden it my entire life (I'm in my 30s and had my colostomy at 1 day old because of a birth defect). I'm posting like crazy today because I tend to forget about this group- sorry for old post replies.

papaboo
Dec 26, 2023 4:59 am
Reply to Ben38

"With your bag out on show"

I have a really nice bag I wear. It's transparent and looks like a bag of chocolate with a pink strawberry at the top. I don't even like looking at it. Why would I expect others to like or want to see it?

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Play