Questioning Convatec Adhesive Remover Wipes: Unrealistic Advertising and High Prices

Replies
Views
BobMac21
Reply to w30bob

In my experience, my stoma is never the same at each barrier change. Size can differ, so I only cut the opening just before use and hope I didn't get it too large, so I don't get an acid burn.

w30bob

Hi Bob,

I just had my stoma revised, and so far it's staying exactly the same size.......knock on wood. The mess of a stoma I had before was a different story, but now that I have a proper 'rosebud' it's behaving well. Speaking of behaving........my previous stoma was flush to my skin, for the most part, and no rosebud........just a real mess of skin. So I never actually saw my intestine sticking out, just the very tip of the opening. The other morning I was changing my barrier on my new stoma.......and it started moving! I was like WTF??? Then I realized I was seeing my own peristalsis for the first time. Very interesting.

;O)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,423 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Daisy2023
Reply to Cplumber

She is awesome. I follow her on TikTok (basically all I look at on there is ostomy-related posts) and YouTube as well.

BetaScience

I would never! I've hidden it my entire life (I'm in my 30s and had my colostomy at 1 day old because of a birth defect). I'm posting like crazy today because I tend to forget about this group- sorry for old post replies.

papaboo
Reply to Ben38

"with your bag out on show" 

I have a real nice bag I wear its transparent it looks like a bag of chocolate with a pink strawberry at the top I don't even like looking at it why would I except others to like or want to see it. 

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister