Talk to others with an Ostomy
Next >

FALSE advertising? crazy prices

Reply to w30bob

In my experience, my stoma is never the same at each barrier change, size can differ so I only cut the opening just before use and hope I didn't get it too large, so don't get an acid burn.

Talk to others with an Ostomy
29,588 members
MeetAnOstoMate is the largest, independent website for people with an ostomy surgery. A vibrant, multi-topic community where people discuss various things, and give each other love and support.

Hi Bob,

I just had my stoma revised, and so far it's staying exactly the same size.......knock on wood.  The mess of a stoma I had before was a different story, but now that I have a proper 'rosebud' it's behaving well.  Speaking of behaving........my previous stoma was flush to my skin, for the most part, and no rosebud........just a real mess of skin.  So I never actually saw my intestine sticking out, just the very tip of the opening.  The other morning I was changing my barrier on my new stoma.......and it started moving!  I was like WTF???  Then I realized I was seeing my own peristalsis for the first time.  Very interesting.  

;O)

Reply to Cplumber

She is awesome. I follow her on tiktok (basically all I look at on there is ostomy related posts) and YouTube as well. 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.