Feedback on Salts Aloe Rings for Irritated Skin?

Replies
Views
Elly Mae

I am wondering if anyone has used the Salts Aloe Rings for irritated skin? If so, what was your experience with them?

xnine

I use them, not for irritated skin, but they last the longest. I can get 10 plus days before I need to change out and skin is good.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,438 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Syd34

I use them daily, first stick the ring around my stoma and then place the drainable pouch on top. I have tried several different types but Salts Aloe rings are the best. Mind you, I use the skin protective barrier wipes first around the stoma before sticking the ring on.

Axl

I use them daily. I have experimented with others, but these work best for me. You can put them straight over irritated skin and it will heal. You can also apply a barrier spray like Cavilon first if you wish.

TerryLT

Are you talking about the 'Salts' brand? I tried the Salts flange extenders, but did not use them for the intended purpose. I had badly irritated/raw skin, and my ostomy nurse suggested the flange extenders because they are very thin and infused with aloe. I just cut a small piece to the exact size of the irritated area and applied it, then applied my usual appliance. It worked beautifully and my skin is totally healed.

Terry

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Elly Mae

Thanks for all the replies. Good wealth of information. Now I just have to figure out if I can get them in Canada. Lol!

TerryLT
Reply to Elly Mae

Yes, you can. I get my supplies from Canmed Direct. 'canmeddirect.ca' I order online and they have much better prices than I've found anywhere else. They carry Salts brand.

Terry

Elly Mae
Reply to xnine

I am curious to know the product description or product number of the salts product you are using.

xnine

35 is bigger than I need so I fold over a bit, flatten it out, and cut off the excess. This method works better than stretching out a smaller one. Last time I put one on was Feb 25 and changed Mar 8 seal was still good after 12 days.

Elly Mae
Reply to xnine

Thank you! I am going to try to get my hands on some of these. The wear time sounds amazing!