Shower

Replies
Views
vulcanBMk2

I always shower with my bag off. I like to think that my stoma surrounding skin is getting a good cleaning. I also like the thought that everything is getting some fresh air for a while.

I use 1 piece, so after a good dry with a towel (not my actual stoma - don't want that bleeding), my new bag fits and sticks beautifully.

I am a urostomate, so any form of discharge is no big deal.

I always peed in the shower anyway... LOL

tine

Lol...that brought tears of laughter to my eyes....I also shower without my bag on though I'm not having anything to do with the bit about peeing in the shower before

It's the only time I can feel free...and it feels damn good

xx

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Tiggy

Haha, glad you've found a way to still love your showers even though you're an ostomate.

P.S--- I pee in the shower too sometimes, and I do it the conventional way. =P Too much information, sorry.

justme&5

When I change my bag, I wash my stoma, and it is always running. So what's a little pee going to hurt? That is why I keep cleaner in the bathroom. When I am just taking a shower, I still rinse my bag. And again, what is a little pee? Life is too short to worry about what goes down the drain.

markndeb20
Hi all. My little guy (going on 3) is your ostomate friend. He is too young for showers (only just learned to stand and walk in April), so we do baths. We have a plastic cup that snaps onto an ostomy belt (I think it is called a 'stoma cup'). We put a piece of tissue in the cup (to catch the stool) and snap the cup onto the belt... over his stoma. This allows us to clean the area around his stoma from the wafer stickies, but he doesn't get stool gunk in the bath water (most nights, anyway). Though he sometimes likes to pull the cup away and the tissue gets really wet, he stays clean during bath time.

That stoma cup has been a lifesaver for us!!!!! Since he is used to having an appliance on his side, the stoma cup doesn't bother him.

Merry Christmas everyone! -Ryan's mom

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
vulcanBMk2

Hi Ryan's mom!! I know it's difficult, but it looks like you have got it all organized. All children are precious, but some are just a little bit extra special.

My best wishes for a happy Christmas to you too.... may Ryan continue to enjoy his Bath Nights..........

markndeb20

Thanks for the note, VulcanBMk2. That was very sweet. Merry Christmas to you (and all our Ostomy friends!)!!

-Ryan's mom