Finding Acceptance and Inspiration in a New Year

Replies
Views
rolandrjb

Today starts a new year, and I enter this year with hope as I did all the years before this. I hope that with a new year comes a new understanding within myself. I am a loner, and at times it is very hard to be alone. Being alone brings loneliness, and I still long for the companionship of a good friend. As for myself, I have known true love. She was with me for what seemed like only seconds, and then she was gone. She was the love of my life in body, heart, mind, and soul. Although in the end, I drove her away, I know that I have felt what most never get the chance to feel in their life, and for me, that is enough. So living with an ostomy is easy because I endured living with a broken heart. Over the last couple of years, I have slowly learned she is never coming back, and understanding that healed me. And although I will never stop loving her, I now know we could never be again. So now I seek to understand and find acceptance, and that has to start inside myself. I am the person who, in a former life, I would have never accepted for a partner or maybe even a friend. So becoming an ostomate has taught me many things that I would have never learned before. There is a beautiful lady on here who is unashamed of her ostomy. She wears a bikini at a crowded pool with no thoughts of if others will accept her. I am nowhere near that strong but hope to be someday. Until then, I will continue to be a loner, but she will be my hope, my inspiration of a new year to come.

Past Member

I wonder what year Jan 03 was written.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,441 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Reb1862

It looks like it was written in 2010. Life does go on.

Past Member

Oh, I see the date now. 8 years later, hoping Roland is doing much better.
It gets easier because we have no choice. Time takes care of a lot of it. Best to you, Roland. Thanks Reb1862, you are an interesting person.

Reb1862

Thank you, thesurething. I've been blessed. I would love to correspond with you if I may.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Let's do

Reb1862

Thank you for accepting my invitation to chat. You seem to have some of the same interests that I do, especially in music. If you looked at my YouTube channel, you saw that I'm kind of a history nut. For me, it started at the age of five, and I still do it today. I have two grown daughters and four grandchildren. I am, of course, still single, and I still am an Ostomy boy. Honestly, it changed my life to have one, and I thank God every day that He still grants me good health. I have Crohn's disease but have not had a flare-up in years. So I guess I've been lucky. So now that I've talked about me, if you'd like to say something about yourself, please do. I am very interested in knowing you. Thank you very much, and I hope you have a great evening.

Be well,
Robert

Past Member

Not a subscriber, are you?