But we all know that chronic pain.

Simply comes right back again.

Now I know what is involved.

I know the problem is not solved.

But when the pain is monumental.

Doing nothing’s detrimental.

But long before the surgeon acts.

I want to weigh up all the facts.

The lump that’s there and causes strife.

Eventually will need the knife.

But in those times when pain is gone.

I feel that I should soldier on.

B. Withers 2012

Past Member

Hi Bill, that was brilliant. It describes all. I enjoyed reading. Do keep them coming as I love to read them. Take care, Ambies.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,466 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mooza

Well done Bill.... Now, as for putting your finger in the hole, not a good idea as you might give birth to a foal. A baby horse is a foal??? LOL. I don't know why I said that!! It seemed to rhyme. Hahaha. Mooza

Bill
Mooza.I loved the concept of a foal.Emerging from that tiny hole.And there's not a doubt of course.We all knew it was a horse.Whilst this rhyme is on a role.We might mention vole or mole.For both these creature on the whole.Choose to dig themselves a hole.While we're on this rhyming theme.I have had this little scheme.I thought that if I had the time.I could always find a rhyme.I've searched my brain to choose a word.But I'm afraid Mooza's absurd.So I chose for you my friend.Not to rhyme it at the end. B. Withers
jenepooh

Love it! I know we've all been there. Nicely done! :D

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
schneckerm88

Just been out of the hospital with an obstruction, it was very painful and plenty of tubes down my nose to the stomach. It was no fun to unblock, but you seem to manage with philosophy fine. Will look out for your posts, make me laugh. Thanks, Bill.

schneckerm88

Sorry, look!

Yukon steve

Great poem. Only one of us could think of it.

schneckerm88

Dear Bill! I was blown away by your blog, never had a blockade, but an obstruction which ended in hospital. It is a terrible procedure to correct all. Felt sorry for the nurses who cleaned up the mess. But bubbles my stoma is happy again until next time, she is a little nervous now, I'll wait until she gets a bit older and wiser then read her, her rights. Ookee Dookee for now my osty pal xx

Bill
HELLO EVERYONE,Thank you all for your comments. I'm not getting on here as much as I was but my thoughts continue to be with you all.Best wishesBill
schneckerm88

Hey to all, wishing you a great day and night, whichever is applicable. Greetings Schnecke

Past Member

Hi Schneck, love the name Bubbles. She lives up to her name. LOL. Take care, Ambies.