Unlike many other folk

Who stink, but think that it’s a joke.

I do not get into a state.

I just give it to them straight.

There’s nothing smelly about me

Certainly not my ostomy.

B. Withers 2012

Past Member

That's fantastic, Bill. Well written and true to the end. Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for sharing it with us. Take care, Ambies.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,366 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello Ambies,Thanks again for your supportive comments. I do recognise that there is a very limited audience who 'might' appreciate this type of rhyming verse. In a way, the writing of it is like talking to myself. (A sort of madness?) There is no one to listen and it would be embarrassing if there was. However,when people reply in the way that you do, it engenders those warm, comfortable feelings of companionship that come from shared experiences. It's like being in an exclusive club where membership is restricted to only those who have had the experiences. I don't usually look forward to Christmas but this year I'm eagerly awaiting your poem on the subject. I've written loads over the years and they are nearly all negative so this year I'm determined just to read rather than write. Best wishes Bill
Past Member

Kudos. This had me lmao. Yeah, I have been around people whose B.O was worse than anything the pouch can offer. Then some seem to have a problem with holding in their deadly WMDs while standing in line at the grocery store or Walmart. If you can't hold it in, run to the bathroom and let her rip. Don't be releasing that deadly gas from your ass while standing in front of me, please. I admit when I was young and had my insides intact, I would love to let my friends have the pleasure of enjoying my floral bouquet, but that was my friends and family. But now, those days are over, and even when my lil stoma does say hello, it is not as bad as what it could be coming from the missing half of my little friend!