so we can rest and let it go.
When our past fears are dissipated
at last we’ll feel emancipated.

B. Withers 2013

Freebyrd

I like that, Bill. Right on.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,480 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello Freebyrd. Thank you for your feedback. it is much appreciated.
Best wishes
Bill
eddie

Amen

Bill
My thanks to you as well eddie - every little comment helps.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Nina1234!

Beautiful poem!!!

Bill
Hello Nina. Thanks for letting me know that you appreciate the poem as it does mean a lot to me when people enjoy the things I write. I liked your photos, even the sideways ones but I was also looking for Libby as people's best friends often say more about them than their own photos. It sounds as if you are doing well in your efforts to come to terms with everything that comes your way and I have every confidence that if you like jazz and swimming, then anything is possible!
Best wishes
Bill
Nina1234!

Hello Bill,
Yes, I enjoy your writing! You write with passion, honesty, and a nice sense of humor! I've been trying to do things I never would before when I was working. I guess that's why I've been in bed for the last 3 days??? Second chances come with new adventures and I'm attempting to do just that, adventure! Thanks for noticing the sideways pictures! Lol! A picture of Libby and myself will be coming soon. An artist that I used to work with will be drawing the two of us when she's back in the country. No swimming or jazz as of yet, but I'm planning on going to New Orleans in late October or November, God willing!!!!
Thank you,
Nina

Bill
Hello Nina. My wife and I are both jazz fans and a trip to New Orleans sounds like great fun. I am also interested in fine art so I look forward to seeing your friend's work when you post it.
Immediately post-stoma, I found that most of life was a new adventure so I'm pleased to see that you are looking for that in your life and I do hope you take things steady and enjoy your experiences.
Best wishes
Bill
cdm

Great poem, made me cry. Everything makes me cry.

Bill
Hello cdm. Thanks for your supportive comment. I'm glad that you put the rider in that everything makes you cry, as it was not my intention to make people unhappy by writing this or any other rhyme. Although it is somewhat satisfying to think that the verses touch on people's emotions as that is surely what poetry is partly about.
Best wishes
Bill
Angelicamarie

That's alright, my friend. Too of the day to you!!! As you say, best wishes Angelica Marie.

Angelicamarie

Top of the day to you!!!

Bill
And to you too Angelicamarie!