Ostomy Saves the Day in Toilet Paper Crisis!

Replies
Views
Lt. Dan

Well, I thought I'd never say this but I'm so glad I have an ostomy in a toilet paper crisis. Lol. All we need is some warm water and an old face cloth and we are good to go!!!

By the way, I have an ileostomy not a colostomy.

Hermit

What a joke

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

britathrt60

Lt. Dan
Good for you... You must have a colostomy... I have an ileostomy which is an open faucet... I use
1/2 to 3/4 roll per day and live alone... Just sayin!

Ange
Bill
Hello Lt.Dan.
Thank you for sharing your take on the toilet paper'crisis'.
MY own perspective is somewhat coloured by my early years when we used to recycle newspapers for the purpose of wiping our backsides. Our family never started using toilet rolls until I was well into my teens and able to earn enough to afford this sort of 'luxury'. Thus, when people describe the shortage of toilet rolls as a 'crisis', it makes me think that they perhaps have not experienced poverty. I grew up being told that there were only three things we actually 'needed' in life,(and for life). These were food - warmth - and love. without these things we were more likely to die. Therefore, if they were missing, we were nearer to a 'crisis' than at any other time.
Just a thought!
Best wishes
Bill
britathrt60

Hi Bill
Yes, I too remember the newspaper days... Problem is, it's hard to get one anymore. Everything is being online... LOL.????

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mild_mannered_super_hero

Ha ha, we used the Sears and Roebuck catalog after an initial prep with a red corn cob followed by a white corn cob to check our progress. There was no flush.... but you may not even want to know about that!!!

Puppyluv56

Wow, I was poor growing up but never used newspaper. I do remember going to my stepmother's parents' house in the mountains of Kentucky and they had an outhouse. We were there for a week and I peed outside and held the poop for the whole week. Pretty miserable week! I was just 9 at the time! MMSH, no corncobs in sight! Hahaha

Past Member

Hahaha, I was winding my much elder sister up. LOL! Saying if she wasn't one of those common people with a colon, toilet paper shortage wouldn't be a problem. LOL! Having an ileostomy, a small bottle of water will do the job instead... Never been a bag rinser before, but if needs must. LOL!

lovely

I remember the outhouse and using whatever paper was available - newspaper, brown paper bags. I remember crunching up and rubbing the bag together to make it softer. LOL I don't see what the virus has to do with toilet paper.

newyorktorque

Yes, a lot of folks don't know you can make your own toilet paper by constantly crunching any paper. Time-consuming but it works.