Where can I get high-waisted jeans to help cover my bag?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
tony1.984

I could do with some help, please, with where to buy some high-waisted jeans. I need to get some jeans to help cover my ileostomy bag. I can't find any - my stoma is just higher than my belly button.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Tony, Tony, Tony!, regarding your question concerning men's jeans and stoma placement, I can say this. I've had an ostomy for say thirty years. After looking at my stoma, it's about an inch lower than my belly button. I'm average height and weight (33" by 34") as you didn't mention whether you're the same or if that is a consideration. For years, I've worn Levi's 501's, but lately I've switched to 505's or 517's. As a poor person, I usually only shop second-hand stores as they cost almost nothing and I'm able to get vintage US-made jeans. Which is important as the newer ones made in foreign countries kinda suck-cheap material and unreliable sizes. The 517's seem to have more length or area from the crotch on up to the belt line. The 505's fit perfectly and come just past the stoma. I usually get them an inch bigger in waist size and use a decent wide leather belt. Also, I recommend looking for men's dress Levi's. These are hard to find as they are twenty years old now. I just look for the black and silver tab on the back pocket and then check the size. Plus, at most thrift stores, they have changing rooms, so you can try before you buy, or most allow returns of clothing for credit or cash back. But heck, if you can afford it, try vintage clothes stores, as this is where most of the nice, dark blue, new-looking jeans end up as the thrift store "pickers" usually get the good stuff during the day. Hopefully, this is helpful, as all I can say is it works for myself. Michael Goodall.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Shitbag
Tony! I've had an ileostomy for 17 years, and I wear nothing but overalls. They are super comfy, with no belt hanging on your stoma and lots of room for the bag. You can get them at the used clothing store cheap!