Dealing with Ileostomy Nerve Pain

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses strategies for managing nerve pain associated with ileostomy, with participants sharing their experiences and advice.
Janjan

I've been told that the pain underneath the skin beside my stoma is likely nerve damage. My skin looks fine. Has anyone else been told this?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

No, can't say I've ever heard that. What nerves specifically do they think are damaged?

;O)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Cplumber

I did suffer short-term nerve pain around my stoma after surgery and took some nerve pain medication but eventually subsided.

Rose Bud 🌹

I have nerve pain from the scar tissue from my midline. In the cold, it acts up but not as bad as it used to. My surgery was almost 3 years ago. It will depend on how deep your scar tissue is and how it healed. (According to my doctor)

Drnjm

Is it ACNES? Aka abdominal cutaneous nerve entrapment?

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Janjan
Reply to Drnjm

I'll look into this. My ostomy nurse describes the nerve as being trapped. Thank you!!

Janjan
Reply to w30bob

I'm not sure. Just a nerve to the right of the ostomy.