Ostomy Supplies Donation: Help Available for Those in Need

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses how to access ostomy supplies donations for individuals in need.
Stoned Survivor

Hello all!

When I first got an ostomy, I googled all kinds of questions. In my searches, I noticed a lot of people stating that they'd be short on supplies and they're expensive. Not sure if this is actually the case and I can't find the forums I originally looked into, and found this community!

I've had my reversal and I have leftover supplies I'd like to donate to some people that may need them. I have the following:

7 boxes (5 count) Hollister 2 3/4" skin barriers (wafers)

8 boxes (10 count) Hollister 2 3/4" 2 piece drainable ostomy pouch

If you struggle with stretching your supplies for the month and you use the same or similar supplies, please reply! I'll split amongst those who need, but I'm looking to max 7 people so I can at least send a carton of each.

Cheers!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Axl

Very kind of you, someone will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Cplumber

If you end up with leftovers, you can donate to 211.org; they do a similar thing on a full-time scale.

younKriss

I'm Kriss from Ghana and my biggest problem is getting these stoma supplies. I will be happy if I get these stoma bags. My required stoma size is 65-70mm cut.

OverWithThisOstomy-Maria

OMG, I'm in desperate need!!! I literally only have one bag and my insurance won't cover any...

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Cplumber
Reply to OverWithThisOstomy-Maria

Check with ostomy211.org

Ostomy4life_22

Hello, I am interested in possibly obtaining some supplies. I don't have membership on here. Hopefully, we can talk about it.