Carnivore Diet and Ostomy: Seeking Advice and Experiences

Replies
Views
terrizajdel

I have not talked to my family doctor about starting the carnivore diet yet. I'm due for bloodwork and a follow-up CT scan in July, so we will wait and see what the test results say then.

I am a 3x late-stage colon cancer survivor. Unfortunately, my colon didn't make it.

The 1st cancer was the tip of the iceberg and almost won because I didn't know how to fight it. I did it their way and almost died. So for the next 2, I did it my way which worked out much better, but now I have weight to lose and strength to gain back. The road to accepting my Ostomy has taken 2 years as of June 1st, and I am finally able to deal with it without the crippling anxiety I experienced for about 18 months lol

Slow weight loss and constant excruciating digestive pain made me try Carnivore. So far it's awesome! I've lost 8.5 lbs, my eczema has completely disappeared, my arthritis is much better, and I have lots of energy. My muscles are filling in the empty skin, and I've lost the fat layer all over my body. I'm still in the high 170s but have gone down 4 dress sizes in 2 months! My output went from 3 to 5 full bags a day to 1/4 to 1/2 a cup a day!

The only people I can talk to about the Ostomy are RAH ostomy nurses and YouTube videos. I don't know anyone who has one, so here I am asking questions of you guys.

Has anyone tried the carnivore diet? Are there any risks I am unaware of regarding Ostomy health?

IGGIE

I have an ileostomy and I am a big meat eater and I have no problem. It's like all things with a stoma, give it a go and see if it works. It works for me. Regards IGGIE

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,433 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

terrizajdel
Reply to IGGIE

Thanks, Iggie. I feel so much better than I have in a decade, so I would hate to have to stop or modify the diet.

Mysterious Mose

I've had my ileostomy for 5+ months. I have been pretty much back to my normal diet, which contains beef, pork, chicken, and fish, for the past 2 months. No problems. I just watch that I don't eat too much of anything at one time. I am still trying to perfect the art of eating a number of small meals instead of a few large ones, though. Not as easy as it sounds. :-)

--Daniel

w30bob

Hi Terri,

Sounds like you figured out the natural way to stop cancer, i.e., metabolic cancer therapy... good for you! Carnivore and Keto play directly into that, of course. There's no reason to not eat right with your ostomy, although you'll find your conventional wisdom doctors poo-pooing it, since they were never trained in any other cancer treatment regimes other than to poison it (along with the rest of your body) and then kill it with radiation. And in some cases they're getting pretty good at it. But your way is better, so more power to you. I think even mainstream medicine is taking notice of how effective the natural solution is compared to their misguided solutions, although they and big pharma are like a huge flywheel in motion and can't just stop and change course. But they're starting to realize that if we stop feeding the cancer what it needs... it just magically dies... go figure! So yeah, Carnivore is a great way to eat, as is Keto... anything that starves cancer of its fuel. Glad to hear you're on the right track!! If you're not aware of Thomas Seyfried, you should YouTube him. But I think you already know.

;O)

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
eefyjig

Terri, incredible that you took control over your health. I am fascinated with this approach (I just told my husband that I'll bet a vegan diet will eventually be found inadequate at the very least.) Since Bob mentioned Dr. Thomas Seyfried, I've been watching his YouTube videos along with some other docs and I think there's more than merit to this, including fact-based optimal cancer treatment. Plus, feeling better than you've ever felt is the best evidence that you're doing something right. I'm really happy for you and I'm definitely looking into this way of eating.