What does it feel like?

Replies
Views
infinitycastle52777

I want to know from those who have had MINOR blockages that they were able to resolve at home with time and fluids, what does it feel like? I am asking because a couple days ago I had a very angry tummy after eating and it was pain as well as nausea...I am wondering if it was a minor bloackage.

Lee 

Beth22

Did you have cramps? And only liquid output or no output at all ? 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

IGGIE

A blockage I had was very painful and started to make me feel sick. I massaged around the Stoma and pushing around as well and after about 1 1/2 hours I went to get up and as I strained to sit up it gave way and it was like a waterfall. The bag filled in a couple of seconds and another two fills after the first one and the feeling was the best relief. If it makes to Vomit then go to the ER and get help. Regards IGGIE

AlexT

To put it bluntly…..it hurts like fuck. I bend/stoop etc alot at work, I was trying to figure out how to do all that without doing it cause it hurt so bad. Couldn’t put my shoes on one time like a normal human cause I couldn’t bend cause of the pain. You will know if you get one and you will know when it releases cause it’s instant relief. 

Morning glory

Excruciating  pain! No output.  Draw your knees  to chest while on your back, rock side to side. Massage and 🙏.  Like others have said you will know... then the relief afterwards.  

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
infinitycastle52777
Reply to Beth22

Yeah it was like a pain in my abdomen that I couldn't get rid of for like the whole evening. There was very little output during that time and then there was suddenly a lot of liquid output all at once. Then the pain went away after I finally got to sleep. When I woke up the next morning the pain was gone. It started right after dinner. But I didn't eat anything that I thought was odd or different.. I had chicken noodle soup and fish. It was really weird. During the time it was going on I tried drinking water. I don't know if that helped or not. I actually don't know how it managed to stop hurting because I was still in pain when I went to bed that night. 

Lee 

infinitycastle52777
Reply to AlexT

That sounds like the pain I get when I bend that is because of my three hernias. It was that kind of pain that led to the doc ordering the CT scan. I could not bend to tie my shoes or anything. 

Lee

Jayne

......     Also with a blockage there is often a very hard and extended bloated abdomen - because of the 'backing up' OF material - which itself generates  gases - which in turn expands the small intestine which causes the pain - as others have said - the relief is evident when movement happens and a 'flow' is once again enabled.

IF NO MOVEMENT OCCUrs and vomiting bile etc - THEN ER MAY BE REQUIRED - MEDITATATIN CAN FOCUS THE MIND AND INTENTION TO MANAGE THE PAIN - AND IF - SURGICALLY / ANATOMICALLY ONE KNOWS WHAT THE CAUSATION AREA / ELEMENT IS - THEN ADDRESS THIS AND BE MINDFUL WHAT COMBINATION OF ACTIONS / DOINGS/ EATINGS / TIME AND MOTION OF THAT / LEAD UP TO THE HOLD UP POINT OF HAPPENING.

ALSO BE MINDFUL OF THE OUTFLOW - THERE MAY THE VERY EVIDENCE OF THE 'WHAT' THAT WAS INGESTED  THAT 'GOT CAUGHT' - OR THE VOLUME / COMBINATION OF MASTICATION AND FOOD STUFF.

[sorry about the capitals - not shouting - only just noticed]

bw

jAYNE

infinitycastle52777
Reply to Jayne

I don't remember if there was gas build up. I was sitting in a weird position in my recliner for like an hour or two. I wondered if the three hernias that I have could lend itself to a blockage. Like stuff going through the loops of where the hernias are. I have been fine since then like it hasn't happened again. So maybe I will just cross my fingers that it was just a once off.

Lee