Donations

Replies
Views
cjannucci

I have about 5 unopened boxes of ostomy supplies bc I was sent too much every month by my insurance company...much more than I needed. Is it donatable if the individual boxes of supplies have never been opened? Would hate to throw it all away.

AlexT

Yep, you can donate. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

Friends of ostomates world wide is an organization that will take donations. Use osto AI and ask about donations.

Beachboy

Your local hospital should accept donations too.  I donate extra medical supplies to my surgeon.

Mysterious Mose

If you have a local ostomy support group, they will usually gladly take donations.

Daniel

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Riva

Your local Ostomy support group in NJ will gladly accept them.

NancyAnn
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Before donating to a support group please check and find out if they have a donation closet. Otherwise they may not have  a place to store them.

Your best bet is to send them to Friends of Ostomates Worldwide. Or even call your supplier and see if they will take them back. 

warrior

im a keeper.

this stuff is expensive. and if the products still work for you, I'd keep them.

always good to have a back up plan..

i gve to local hospital wound care dept.

the product did fit me anymore..i out grew it .found a better product.

don't throw away anything🤦‍♂️