Ahdillydilly

Weird but fun question …ready?…go!

Have you named your ostomy? 
I named mine Frankie :)

kittybou

I don't think I can say on here what I call mine .    😈😁

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ahdillydilly
Reply to kittybou

🤣🤣🤣

Mysterious Mose

This comes up a lot here. Some people seem to have a need to name their appliances. I understand why they do. But for me, it seems a bit like a normal person naming their rectum. I think that naming my bag enforces the feeling it is something other rather than a normal part of who I am. The less dualism the better, I say. :-)

Daniel

Beachboy

Helow, this be Herb, Beachboys stoma.  Dat dude didn't name mee... I named him!  I thoughts 'bout callin him "chump change" or "Dufus."  Butt thay just didn't fit.  Mayba i'll rename em "sandhoggie" or "Ole Saltie."

Dat dude just don't treats mee right.  Always coverin me up wit a baggie.  What am I... a leper?  Maybe I shows him whoose in charge.... giv em a biggie blast of redirected ass gas.  That'll teach em.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
AlexT

Absolutely not, don’t see the point in naming it. 

warrior

And speaking of points.. Jennifer Aniston comes to mind..😍( only the guys will get that )🤔

what if you were to name  yur boobs ??🤔

same idea right? 

and if they had no nipples they'd  be pointless...😉🤪

SeanB

I haven’t named mine yet but my wife’s cousin calls it NBH — new butthole ….lol

Kas

Nope I have not named mine.  I understand some people like to but to me it’s just a body part and I haven’t named any of the others.

warrior
Reply to Kas

EXACTLY!😊

warrior
Reply to SeanB

FBH...u mean front butt hole..

it has been accepted by the academy of new terms by MAO..

😋

Morning glory

No, never considered it. I don't  name my moles either. It's  fine for some people but not me

Rose Bud 🌹

I really didn't name mine, but once I actually took a good look at it...since it's pretty small and the shape at 1st wasn't as round as it became later on after really healing it looked like a small Rose Bud🌹(of course it is where I got my profile name from)...but I've never really called it anything but my front butt 🤣

AlexT
Reply to warrior

Huh?

Axl

Sure have .... That f*****g thing down there ..

IGGIE

My Stoma is my best mate and yes I call him Jonah the Stoma, we are both having a Whale of a time, He spurts too. Thar she Blows. Regards IGGIE

NancyCat

I named my Louise...not sure where that came from, but one day when I was changing my appliance and Louise just started her spew of conversation...Just shouted out "Oh Louise" and it has stuck...Plus when you're out with friends and your stoma starts giving u some trouble you can always excuse yourself and say "I need to go and check on Louise" lol

infinitycastle52777

I asked this question a while back and got a mix  of answers. Some good/funny names. Some people just don't seem to want to have the fun of naming theirs which is fine. But I named both of mine. My first one I called "Wormy" because I thought calling him a penis was just wrong. But that is what he looked like. Stuck out of my stomach. My relocation and new stoma I named Marvin. That is after Marvin the Martian (Looney Tunes). I thought he looked like a martian coming out of my stomach when I looked at him at first because he was totally different from my first stoma. My Ostomy nurse kept saying he is a beautiful rose. Now he is Marvin Rose. And some days "Marvelous Marvin" Now I just make jokes about him, like "Why did Marvin win the vote?" "He was very poopular!"

Lee

warrior
Reply to IGGIE

NICE VISUAL THAR MATE.🤣🤪

Beachboy
Reply to IGGIE

I'm gonna call Ahab.  Send the whalin' crew down under....😉

warrior

dont forget to bring the chip ahoy cookies. mans gotta eat. 

Beachboy

I'm currently reading Moby Dick.  Read it years ago.  One of my favorites.  Any boss at work who is unreasonable gets tagged as "Ahab."   I also work with an engineer named Ishmael.  

kittybou
Reply to infinitycastle52777

OMG I love it! Your sense of humor is great!

Xlshrimp

Funny but yeah, Patch is about 31st s old this month 🦃