Rectovaginal Fistula: Seeking Experiences with HBOT for Healing and Pain Management

Replies
Views
gasevicdragana
Mar 24, 2024 7:08 am

Hi. I am currently with a temporary ostomy. Due to radiation, I got a rectovaginal fistula. Now I am in the hospital because of heavy bleeding and severe pain. Doctors don't explain a lot. Started with HBOT as the first step for healing. Does anyone have experience with this? Did HBOT help? I am afraid that the pain is going to stay. It is unbearable.

Pinkie pooh
Mar 26, 2024 10:32 pm

Hi Gasevicdragana,

I too had the same happen to me. I had, what we hoped, was a temporary loop colostomy with the hopes of reversal and had the loop colostomy from 2015 to 2023, at which time we decided to make it an end colostomy, which makes it really permanent because the fistula could not be fixed or bypassed due to being too low. As for pain, I did not have any. After all those years, I was scared of the thought of reversing it anyway, but I wish a doctor had said sooner about making it an end colostomy because I had hernia problems when I had the loop. Not to say I can't get one now, but things are better as I see it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,840 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.