Clips

Replies
Views
Philip

Hi all I have two piece flange and bag convatec. Had for 33years so a long while never had any issues until trying to get the same clip for bags i had all those years ago be interested to hear what majorly use and think? Thank you 

Bill

I tried to find out what the clips I use are called and it seems that they have several names:
Paper clips/Bulldog clips/binder clips/folder clips/ foldback clips/super clips. However, I prefer 'foldback binder clips' because it seems to describe that useful mechanical part of the device that allows the pressing section to be folded back out of the way when holding onto the bag/sleeve. If they did not fold back, then there would be a danger of them coming loose in daily wear. 
Best wishes

Bill
I recall that someone posted a picture of one of these recently, but I cannot remember who it was - sorry!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,592 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

I use a closed bag. We use crisp bag clips. They come in a variety of lengths. Used to close food bags. I think they would work.

ron in mich

Hi Philip i use the 2 clips that come in the box of pouches, thats all i,ve been using for 30 some years.

warrior

I thought at first this thread was about hair cuts🤦‍♂️. Are people still using clips these days to close there bag tails? 

That was a long time ago for me. Kinda bulky.

Changed my system. Velcro has been a great closure device for me. 

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
JVM261
Reply to Bill

Iggie. It was him.

IGGIE

G-Day Guys I think this is what your after is it.  The Magnet is to keep it closed.   The IGGIE Clip.   Regards IGGIE

Beachboy

Yes, Ostemate member IGGIE thought up using a small binder clip to secure a pouch (bag) velcro closure.  Look up posts from him.  He has pictures of the clips in use.

I use one all the time.  Gives me "peace of mind"  when my bag is full of output and a bathroom is far away.  Binder Clips come in different colors too.

Also, 2 clips, one at each side of the bag drain, can be used if you're experiencing liquid output.

Also known as an IGGIE clip.

Ben38

I remember the old plastic slam down bag closure clips...you can still get them from Convatec I'm sure other companys make and supply them too. your in the UK your stoma nurse should know the order number for them.....I was glad to see the back of those plastic clips when Velcro closure systems came out, clips were always digging in my neither regions there often bought a few tears to my eyes! lucky I was never arrested for putting my hands down my trousers to move the clip lol....I dropped to many down the toilet when emptying bag always had to remember to keep a spare clip in my pocket.

JVM261

Does anyone, by chance, want these? The system is being discontinued and I can’t use them anyway. If you are in the continental United States and want them let me know. I offered them before, but nobody wanted them.  I have the base plates, barriers too. Clips…

Hisbiscus

Could they be the convatec 175635? I use these. Maybe do a search and see of this is what your speaking of.