Hernia belts

Replies
Views
vegan2share

Hi I have urostomy 2 years and bought some stealth belts, sadly I’m outgrowing them.  I never felt my coloplast 2 part urostomy bag fit right— had to fold and crinkle it up too much which reduced capacity

any thoughts/recomendations??

bob

kittybou

Ask the rep you get your supplies from for samples of other products?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,590 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bryce

Hi Vegan - Coloplast has a new one-piece convex pre-cut that I have been using for a couple of months with good success. Here is the CDN #

COL 13680 SenSura Mio Soft Convex, 1 pc uro, Maxi, Opaque 25mm (Pre-cut) (Box of 10) - USA Coloplast should be able to help from there. Best

Hisbiscus

I know your a guy but maybe a belly band it's kind of like a tube top but tighter and you can fold the end of the bag jn the end of the belly band or a corsinol stomasafe ostomy support garment might work better for you. The stoma safe has a little spot on the bottom to put the end of your bag in and has an extra layer that is against your skin. The top layer goes over your bag and it has a hole to put the bag thru.  They sell in black which would work for a guy. They are not considered hernia belts but support garments. Amazon sells both.

aTraveler

Nu-Hope may have what you need:

https://nu-hope.com/

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Happy-but-Newbie

Vegan do not buy the Corsinel Stoma Safe.

It's not good for us urostomates :-)

I do have 2 of them, which I bought right after surgery...

the fabric is nice, they'soft and all, but!

they do nothing to help support the weight of the bag as it fills up.

for that, the pregnancy belts would work best, or try Comfizz or something which offers support from bottom up.

Corsinel will leave you with your bag hanging cow-bell style and dling dlong :D

Also they do not have any silicone spots and especially the inside part ends up rolling up your belly and pulling on the bag 

Hisbiscus
Reply to Happy-but-Newbie

I always like the stomasafe but they are expensive and yes just do know what your talking about when the bag fills. What I liked about then was that that had that layer against the skin but yes these pregnancy belts are working good for me and only $16;for 3 of them. I was thinking on making a hole in  one and putting the bag thru and then adding another on top of that to make my own. The silicone around the waist really does help.

Thanks for posting about comfrizz. I may order those to try out.