Post Barbie Butt Surgery Question

Replies
Views
adeacon17

Hello!

I had my colon removed & ileostomy surgery done in 2021.  One week ago, I had my rectum removed and am now left with a Barbie Butt.  I think the surgery went well - but things down there are very sore.  I'm sure this is to be expected, however, I've noticed a couple of little bumps on the side of the stitches.  Was this normal for others?  Did others experience a pinching sensation?

Really appreciate any input.

warrior

Hi.. Welcome. You can clearly

see " down there"? Those bumps? Or feel them?  Pimples? 

Tightness and pinching will subside. All in good time.

Disolvable stitches were used? 

Do you know?..

Lap or conventional surgery? 

Had kenn butt October last year..  just returned to work last Wed.  Had some issues. Leaks. 

I have to ask this. Are yur butt cheeks stitched too? 

I just found out myself...that causes pinches or a pulling.

Imagine that?!!!

Got Crack? Not me!🤦‍♂️

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,579 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

I never felt my butt to see if I had bumps and I’m not quite flexible enough to see for myself. 😁 Anyway, only a week after surgery, I wouldn’t be concerned with anything like that until it has time to heal. After a months or however long your surgeon says it’ll take, then maybe ask that question. 

Hisbiscus

Get yourself a hand held shower head so you can keep the area real clean. At least that's what l was told. Just passing it on. 

AlexT
Reply to Hisbiscus

A hair dryer is useful too. 

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
warrior

When my surgeon recently fix my leak down there, he left it as an open wound to be packed with solution and gauze. To heal from the inside out.

This seems pretty common even with an unused stoma hole after reversal. No more stitching up holes.

He said I can do it. Won't need visiting nurses.. To pack my open wound.

WTF? HE showed me how by bending backward and " feeling" for that area , stick the packing " up in there".

Smart people really have no common sense.🤦‍♂️

I asked- do I also use smoke and mirrors as back up? or get my neighbor to help out? 

We got the nurses coming to do it.....whew.

They also felt I could not do the packing myself..

Bending backwards?  Physically  impossible guessing it to be done.

Ins. stopped paying for the visiting nurses who took pictures of the would to see how it healed,  and i wanted to  see this wound..they basically said good luck.

Ever put yur head between yur legs and look " up there?". Yea bend forward .

Clear shot to wound with a mirror.   Like a piece u fit into a puzzle.  Flash light helps see the wound as is.

Bend over. Who knew. 

A little off topic for pinching and tightness but a view to the wound..an easier approach this may help see the scar from kenn butt.. or wound if any...and clearly see bumps or irritating skin.

Shower head for cleaning👍..

Blow dryer for drying👍..

Mirror? Priceless.