for others it’s an incident,
but for the victims of this plight
it’s simply being in the shite. 

But looking back, we may then see
that though it’s a catastrophe
it teaches us to plan ahead
so we can dodge this thing instead.

To be prepared for anything
can sometimes soothe the sharpest sting. 

B.Withers 2024

AlexT
May 03, 2024 8:09 am

You're back. Everything good?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,866 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hisbiscus
May 03, 2024 10:49 am

Love this!

Bill
May 03, 2024 11:11 am
Reply to AlexT

Hello Alex. 
Thanks for enquiring. The short answer is that everything is not good as I have been doing too much in front of this screen and have caused myself some eyestrain. However, things are progressing steadily and I hope to be up and running in a few weeks time.
Meanwhile, I do have one or two rhymes that I have written previously, that I can post to help the correspondence tick over.
Best wishes

Bill  

aTraveler
May 03, 2024 11:22 am
Reply to Bill

Bill, I often wonder if you think in rhymes — you do such a marvelous job. Thanks for sharing.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Morning glory
May 03, 2024 11:32 am

Take care of your eyes, Bill. Enjoyed the rhyme.

Justbreathe
May 03, 2024 1:39 pm

Actually brilliant!!! Thanks for sharing and making an incident just a “this too shall pass” day for us ostomates! jb

Justbreathe
May 03, 2024 1:48 pm
Reply to Bill

Rest, for now, on your laurels and give those eyes a break - we shall gladly wait…. So important to heal first!
Wishing you well…. jb

TerryLT
May 03, 2024 9:10 pm

Hilarious! Ostomy humor at its best. Sorry to hear your healing is not going as quickly as you had hoped. Hang in there and don't strain those poor eyes!

Terry

Bill
May 04, 2024 6:07 am

Thanks to everyone who have appreciated the rhyme and thanks for all your well-wishes regarding my eyes.

The problem seems to be that I have always used writing as a means to overcome frustration and to pass the time. This becomes difficult when it's the eyes that are the problem and I'm supposed to be resting them.
This week I (apparently) burst a small blood vessel in one eye, which has set back my healing for a week or two. It doesn't help that it is now hay fever season and I keep sneezing, which they tell me is a no-no for healing after cataract surgery. I am reassured that the problems are not serious but might set me back a week or two.
I still have a few rhymes that I did before the operations, so I'll be posting those in the next few weeks.
However, 'normal' correspondence will need to be reduced considerably if I'm to have any chance of recovering satisfactorily.

Best wishes
Bill
best wishes      

warrior
May 04, 2024 11:19 am
Reply to Bill

Ooh... I had no idea about the burst. Gosh... I had one of those, and it's really not too serious but still frightening to have a bloodshot eye. And yes, coughing, sneezing, hay fever season...

You have my sympathy, Bill.

Just keep calm and carry on. We aren't going anywhere. Neither should you, I mean other than the healing place. 😉

B@tLady
May 04, 2024 4:21 pm

Well said, Bill! For exactly the experience you describe, I gave my stoma a name: Vesuvius!

TerryLT
May 04, 2024 7:46 pm

Oh, poor you! That does not sound like fun, and I can empathize with the sneezing. I remember when I first got my ostomy and was in the initial healing stages, I was having sneezes so powerful I was afraid I was giving myself a hernia. I would not have thought that sneezing would affect healing in your eye!

Terry