Looking for Advice on Hip Thruster Machine and Lifting with an Ileostomy

Replies
Views
drums_weights_ileostomy
May 06, 2024 12:06 am

I am a gym rat and was wondering if there's anyone out there who's had experience with a hip thruster machine. And, if there are other lifters out there, I'd love to hear from you. I had an ileostomy when I was 17. I'm now 68.

AlexT
May 06, 2024 6:03 am

Never tried an actual machine. Good way to build your butt muscles. 🤷‍♂️

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

J1390
May 07, 2024 4:55 pm

Hey sir, looking good! I'm a gym rat as well, and when it comes to anything involving my core, I strictly stay with calisthenics with a small amount of weight holding a plate. Being at a huge risk for hernias has kept me away from squats, deadlifts, and hip thrusters. I've been a gym-goer for 20 years now, and I feel and look the best I've ever been. In terms of hip thrusts, I've mainly focused on glute bridges and found that holding a 25-45 plate on my chest while I do them is a great alternative. Hope all is well!