Experiences with Cymed Ostomy Bags?

Replies
Views
luvram13
May 24, 2024 12:36 am

Has anyone used the Cymed ostomy bags? They use a micro skin application. I decided to try them with this month's order. The bag attachment is as thin as a piece of Tegaderm.

Curious to know how others found these.

aTraveler
May 24, 2024 7:40 am

You are a big risk taker using your order on something you haven't tested. When it comes to my wafers and pouches, I want to try samples before making a purchase. It's a non-starter for me because they don't have convex wafers. I prefer moldable barriers, which they don't have — I am willing to sample a pre-cut. Finally, I certainly need to know how long the adhesive lasts, if it adheres at all. This is the reason the main manufacturers supply samples; they want you to have a good experience with their product(s). I pray this works out for you.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

luvram13
May 24, 2024 10:52 am
Reply to aTraveler

Lol, yes, I suppose you are right. However, I only ordered half of my order as these. I tend to do half 1 piece and half 2 piece. I still tend to go between them. I like the idea that the adhesive patch is clear. I am supposed to be able to see my skin underneath.

Hisbiscus
May 24, 2024 3:19 pm

I've asked for samples from that company several times. They would email saying that they would send some each time and never did.

luvram13
May 24, 2024 4:16 pm

Huh. That's not good. I wondered if I could just add one or two rather than a box of certain things from my supplier. I see where I often have to choose one or a box. Maybe see if you can do that.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
Hisbiscus
May 25, 2024 2:12 am

My supplier doesn't carry Cymed. I'm with a smaller company. I get my bags I have now with a prior authorization, so I have 30 each month. I was really interested in trying them, though, because I like the Tegaderm-like collar idea. If they worked out after trying, I may have thought about switching suppliers. The ones I'm in now seem to stick very well, though, as they have an acrylic cloth-like tape border and a strong base plate.

luvram13
May 26, 2024 3:31 pm

I changed my bag this morning. I am trying the Cymed Microskin appliance. I do like how thin and transparent the Microskin is. I did use a Flowassist ring with it.

Hisbiscus
May 26, 2024 4:52 pm
Reply to luvram13

Let us know how these work out. I'm very interested.

luvram13
May 29, 2024 12:16 pm

Well, here I am on day 4 of my new Cymed bags. A couple of things come to mind. First, I love the Tegaderm-like adhesive flange. It was easy to apply and completely see-through. I do like that. The bag itself is okay. My supplier has a few of these becoming available now. I ordered what they had. I believe that this particular bag is better for an ileostomy than a colostomy. I say that because the drain is not as wide as other brands I've tried. I also am not a huge fan of the actual opening and having to open it to drain. The material on the bag is a bit on the cheaper side and very thin. All in all, none of that will stop me from using these again. I do need to say I did use a FlowAssist from Ostoform.

DebinRI
Jun 01, 2024 12:49 pm
Reply to luvram13

I've gone straight to Hollister for free samples and have never had a problem receiving them. There is a window in the fabric bags which allows you to see your stoma.

I used the Coloplast pouch one time. The inner liner was so thin that it caused pancaking and my first and only infection. Never again! I would recommend free samples, but would not veer too far off the grid as you are a new ostomy patient. Do you have an Ostomy Clinic nearby? Mine has been a life-saver. It's nice to meet someone close by. I am from RI. Welcome to the group! Deb.

luvram13
Jun 01, 2024 2:50 pm

I honestly am not sure how to answer this. Yes, I guess there's an ostomy clinic at UMass Memorial in Worcester, MA. I've never been to any "clinic" if that's what it really is. I also went to a Worcester Ostomy group meeting. Nice ladies, but I don't know. What does an ostomy clinic actually do?