Ostomy, Bags, and the Ocean

Replies
Views
JD
Jun 01, 2024 4:20 am

Today was a good day - continuing to figure out how to live life with Oscar (my ostomy). Went in the ocean for the first time. Swam with my dog and so forth - maybe 30 mins total. Bag had been on for six days and changed it when I got back. Everything looked good, stoma happy, adhesive holding, etc. Wore a makeshift wrap and a running singlet in the water to hold everything together.

Curious what others do in the water to manage their bags, etc.

Login to see image

xnine
Jun 01, 2024 9:54 am

I wear a tummy sleeve from a maternity store. It works fine for me.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Riva
Jun 01, 2024 3:10 pm

Wrap by Ostomy Secrets. Remember to stay hydrated. Enjoy

wef
Jun 01, 2024 5:33 pm

What flange/bag do you use?

Mysterious Mose
Jun 01, 2024 6:29 pm

Not really any swimming water where I live that isn't chlorinated and packed with kids. :-)

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Play
TerryLT
Jun 01, 2024 7:36 pm
Reply to Mysterious Mose

The chlorinated water won't be a problem, Daniel. I swim regularly at a chlorinated pool, and it doesn't affect the adhesion of my appliance. The kids I can't help you with!

Terry

rlevineia
Jun 02, 2024 2:14 pm

I wear a Stealth Belt. One for workouts and one for dressing up. Their CEO jogged a few miles in one, with no adhesive on his wafer/flange. No poop on his legs or belly. They make a waterproof model, too. At home, I wear it like an ostomy wrap.

eefyjig
Jun 02, 2024 4:13 pm

You look so happy!