A Couple Questions

In this discussion
Replies
Views
lyricalaska
Hi all!
I'm Carmen in Alaska. I have a couple of questions.
What do you do to find a dress for a formal occasion (floor length)? No matter what I've tried, I can see my ostomy area (I have a rather large hernia also).
What do you wear for swimming? Do you wear a stoma cap? Do you have a special swimsuit? My stoma is just about 2 inches above my waist - not a nice placement for sure.

What ostomy supplies do you use?

I am very interested in the innovations, improvements, etc. that you are aware of.

Hope to hear from someone!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

luv2laf07

Hi Carmen, the only thing that I have found to hide my colostomy when going formal is a two-piece dress with a long skirt and a nice blouse that covers my hips. For swimming, I wear those skirt-type swimming suits and I have found a couple of one-piece suits that also don't show my colostomy. I guess you just have to try different styles to see what works for you. Several women on the site have pictures of themselves in bikinis with their appliances showing. They look beautiful, appliance and all! Jane

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate