Colostomy/Ostomy Reversal

In this discussion
Replies
Views
BobbyG
Had my colostomy reversed as well as a colostomy hernia repaired a few months ago after having it for around six months. Reconnect surgery was successful and I am feeling pretty normal. A very bad case of diverticulitis brought it all on. I ignored a bad stomach ache that finally turned severe. I spent a month total in the hospital on strong antibiotics attempting to clear up the infection to no avail. My colon ruptured during the third week and had to have a section of colon removed. Had I looked into the initial stomach ache it probably would have cleared up with antibiotics. Don't ignore what your body is telling you like I did. Anyway, thank you to all and the great support. God bless.

Robert from OC, CA.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bernedk

I am in the midst of deciding a date for the reversal of my colostomy....wondered what the procedure to prepare for the surgery, and just how much time should be allowed for the recuperation of this surgery. On Dec. 14, 2011, I had an abscessed colon with no pain until the last few hours before the emergency surgery when the colon burst.....then several weeks in rehab with antibiotics for the infection. Any good or bad points to consider????

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate