Donated Comfizz Stoma Support Underwear, What Should I Do?

Replies
Views
sweede
Hi folks, I have been donated over 1000 pairs of Comfizz stoma support underwear. I am at a loss as to what I should do with them.

There are men's unisex boxers M/L and L/XL, and ladies' briefs M/L and L/XL. Both styles come in black and white, all new still in their packages, and they are actually very, very comfy (I'm test driving a pair now).

Now, in my opinion, they do not fall under the category of "emergency supplies" that the foundation sends out to folks, so I am really stuck as to what to do with them?

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Needless to say, if anyone wishes a few of these pretty darn excellent underwear, I would be more than happy to send them out to you, although perhaps some arrangement may need to be discussed about postage fees. I will send them worldwide.

You can view the undergarments at http://www.stomawear.uk.com/index.htm

P.S. If you are unable to contact me on this site, you can contact me on www.thelifegoesonfoundation.org.uk
Past Member
Hi Steve,

I'll vouch for the support pants as comfortable, supportive, and maybe even preventative against hernias. I don't need any because in Australia, ostomates are entitled to six pairs per year. I highly recommend them. Cheers, Julie
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

sweede
Hi Julie, yeah it's the same in the U.K. We get them on prescription also, I'm not sure of how many we are entitled to a year though.

But yeah, they are remarkably comfy actually. I test drove a pair yesterday, and I really like the way they just hug to you, and the high waistband also. Normally I don't go in for things like that, yesterday I was wearing a thin vest (singlet) and a kinda shortish t-shirt. Now normally when I look down I can usually see a wee outline of the top of my pouch and perhaps hear the odd rustle of plastic.

Not with these babies, lol. As soon as I put them on, I thought, yup these are pretty cool lol.

Anyway Julie, take care, chat soon.
robbin

Hi. I live in the US. And I am not aware of any ostomy underwear giveaway. I have bought ostomy underwear at the price of 45 bucks. Needless to say, I don't have many. I would be interested in some. Please contact me and we can discuss postage. Thank you. Robbin

lottagelady

Hi, I would be interested in some of the ladies ones please, happy to pay postage. No problems, please contact me via messaging. Thanks, Rachel

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
carebear422001

Hi, I would also be interested in some of the ladies also if you would contact me so I can see if I can arrange postage that would be great. Thank you.

Tina aka carebear422001

Yancey

I live in the US too and would love to try some! Please contact me! Yancey

allie

Hi
I am paying $45 a pair now in the USA. Would love to have a few pairs if you could spare them. Would be more than happy to pay postage.
Please contact me.

Thanks
Allie

sweede

Wow, that's excellent. I didn't realize I would shift them so quickly. Okay, I've had a wee check as to exactly what's left in the boxes. So, if they fit your requirements, then by all means, they are yours.

Ladies briefs: White M/L, White L/XL, and Black L/XL

Men's boxers: White L/XL and Black M/L

I will contact you all individually regarding size required, address, etc.

Cheers for helping me clear up space, folks.x

Past Member

Hi, I think it's great that you have people who are interested in the underwear. I also think that as the underwear can be so expensive, it would be a really good idea if people wanted to send your foundation a small donation. Just a thought. Pippa

keysgirl
Wow, I have been wanting something like this, but I'm not working now and couldn't afford. I would love to have a few pairs. I'm not a full member so I can receive messages, but can't respond. If you message me with your contact info, I will get back to you. I will pay postage. This is a blessing. Thank you so much!

Peace Love in the Universe... Sadiqah
keysgirl
Wow, what a blessing! I have been wanting and needing some of these, but I'm not working and couldn't afford them. I am not a full member so I can receive messages, but I can't respond. If you will leave me your contact info I'll contact you. I'm not sure if my email address shows up, if it does you can email me. I will pay the postage. Thanks so much!

Peace Love in the Universe...Sadiqah
lottagelady
Just great, Steve, and like you say, really comfy! Many, many thanks - a cheque is in the post! Rachel x
sweede

Cheque arrived this morning, Lottage. Thanks for the wee donation also, much appreciated. x