Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,936 members

Donated Comfizz Stoma Support Underwear, what should I do?

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:04 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."
Hi Folks, i have been donated over 1000 pairs of Comfizz stoma support underware, i am at a loss as to what i should do with them.

There are Mens unisex boxers M/L and L/XL, and ladies briefs M/L and L/XL, both styles come in black and white, all new still in their packages and they are actually very very comfy lol. (i'm test driving a pair now lol).

Now in my opinion they do not fall under the catagory of "emergency supplies" that the foundation sends out to folks, so i am really stuck as to what to do with them ?

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Needless to say, that if anyone wishes a few of these pretty darn excellent underware, i would be more than happy to send them out to you, although perhaps some arrangement may need to be discussed about postage fees. i will send them worldwide.

You can view the undergarments at http://www.stomawear.uk.com/index.htm

p.s. if you are unable to contact me on this site, you can contact me on www.thelifegoesonfoundation.org.uk

Last edited by sweede on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:12 am
Hi Steve,

I'll vouch for the support pants as comfortable, supportive and maybe even preventative against hernias. I don't need any because in Australia ostomates are entitled to six pairs per year. I highly recommend them. Cheers Julie
MeetAnOstoMate - 26,936 members
Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:50 am
Hi Julie, yeh it's the same in the U.K we get them on prescription also, i'm not sure of how many we are entitled to a year tho.

But yeh, they are remakably comfy actually, i test drove a pair yeaterday, and i really like the way they just hug to you, and the high waist band also, normaly i dont go in for things like that, yesterday i was wearing a thin vest(singlet) and a kinda shortish tshirt, now normally when i look down i can usually see a wee outline of the top of my pouch and perhaps hear the odd rustle of plastic.

Not with these babies, lol, as soon as i put them on, i thought , yup these are pretty cool lol.

Anyway julie,take care, chat soon.
Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:29 pm
Hi. I live in the US. And I am not aware of any ostomy underwear give away. I have bought ostomy underwear at the price of 45 bucks. Needless to say.  I don't have many. I would be interested in some. Please contact me and we can discuss postage. Thank you. Robbin
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:45 am
Hi, I would be interested in some of the ladies ones please, happy to pay postage no problems, please contact me via messaging. Thanks, Rachel
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:54 am
Hi, I would also be interested in some of the ladies also if you would contact me so I can see if I can arrange postage that would be great. Thank you.

Tina aka carebear422001
Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:35 am
I live in the us too and would love to try some! Please contact me! Yancey
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:57 am
Hi
I am paying 45 a pair now in USA. Would love to have a few pair if you could spare them. Would be more than happy to pay postage.
Please contact me.

Tks
Allie
Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:51 am
wow thats excellent, i didn't realise i would shift them so quick, ok i've had a wee check as to exactly whats left in the boxes, so if they fit your requirements, then by all means they are yours.

Ladies briefs: White M/L,  White L/XL and Black L/XL

Men's boxers: White L/XL and Black M/L

I will contact you all indivdually regarding size required/address ect.

Cheers for helping me clear up space folks.x

Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:37 pm
Hi , I think its great that you have people who are interested in the underwear I also think as the underwear can be so expensive as we all know if people wanted to send your foundation a small donation would be a really good idea just a thought. Pippa
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:59 pm
Wow,  I have been wanting something like this, but I'm not working now and couldn't afford.  I would love to have a few pairs. I'm not a full member so I can receive messages, but can't respond. If you message me with your contact info I will get back to you.  I will pay postage.  This is a blessing.  Thank you so much!

Peace & Love in the Universe...Sadiqah
Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:15 pm
Wow, what a blessing!  I have been wanting and needing some of these, but I'm not working and couldn't afford them.  I am not a full member so I can receive messages, but I can't respond. If you will leave me your contact info I'll contact you. I'm not sure if my email address shows up, if it does you can email me. I will pay the postage.  Thanks so much!

Peace & Love in the Universe...Sadiqah
Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:32 pm
Just great Steve and like you say really comfy! Many, many thanks - a cheque is in the post! Rachel x
Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:24 am
Cheque arrived this morning Lottage, thanks for the wee donation also, much appreciated.x
* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.