Sterling Medical Merging with National Rehab Equipment

In this discussion
Replies
Views
klark

Sterling Medical Services out of Moorestown, NJ, who I've been using for ostomy supplies for 2 years, is merging with National Rehab Equipment HQ'ed near Pittsburgh, PA. The merger will be completed on or about 10/01/2014, and the new company name will be McKesson Patient Care Solutions Inc.

I've been more than happy with Sterling, never had any issues or problems. I'm sure there will be some other folks on here affected as well. So the reason for this post is to ask if anyone has had any experience with National Rehab or McKesson... good, bad, or indifferent regarding customer service, delivery times, anything, etc.

Anybody?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,105 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

kinder

Dear Klark:

We live about 40 minutes from Pittsburgh, and I have used National Rehab for the last five years. I've never had a problem with their service. In fact, they have next-day service when I call for supplies. We also have a condo in SC, and I have ordered supplies while we are there, and usually within two or three days of ordering, it arrives. I think you will be very happy with this company.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
hometown

I also use Sterling Medical and have been advised of the merge. I hope things don't change as I really don't like change. The one thing I did like about Sterling was the fast delivery service. Please post anything you hear about this merger. Thanks, Joyce.